Oh Mother Where Art Thou?

I needed some answers first. And who better to go to than the one who was married to the question. I went to the prison and I just remember I hadn't paid his debt. He sat in front of me. I couldn't tell if he was angry or happy.

Tony: Nicky I'm so happy to see you. You haven't been accepting my calls and Paul said that you were behind on your payments.

Nick: Well, you look fine to me.

Tony: Well I had to join the mob and work off my debt when they realized I couldn't pay them back.

Nick: Daughter of a mobster, how nice.

Tony: Hey! You were the one who didn't pay them so I was forced into this.

Nick: Well I wasn't the one who put you in jail now was I?

Tony: This is different.

Nick: Of course it is. I have some questions.

Tony: About what?

Nick: About mom.

Tony: What about her?

Nick: Is she still alive?

He looked at the table and he had already said it without saying a single word.

Nick: Unbelievable

Tony: Nicky wait!

Nick: You know? It's bad enough you made me destroy some good people who loved me. Did you have to tell me my mother was dead when she wasn't?!

Tony: Nick it's more complicated than that.

Nick: How?! Alive means walking and breathing, if she's in a coffin under the ground while not breathing, that's dead dad!

Tony: I'm sorry! Ok?! I am! But your mother left. She didn't want us.

Nick: So she was the one who left me with you? Now I hate her even more.

Tony: Hey! What the hell is going on with you?!

Nick: I realized what kind of person you were.

He looked at me, completely confused and caught off guard. Suddenly he realised.

Tony: Why are your eyes red? Have you been having trouble sleeping?

I stay silent.

Tony: Nicki please tell me you're only having trouble sleeping.

Nick: We're done here.

I tell the guard I'm done. My dad didn't stop there. He kept asking me and kept resisting going back. But it was none of his business. Since he couldn't tell me, it time to visit some Harbaughs.

I started with Dorothy, she was easier to convince.

Dorothy: Well well well. Look who came back.

Nick: Hello Dorothy. How's prison food?

Dorothy: What do you want?

I showed her the photo that Will have me.

Dorothy: Who's this?

Nick: Really? You're in the photo idiot. Did prison make you dumber than you were?

Dorothy: Fine. I'll talk. For something in return of course. And I know you have some money.

Nick: What money?

Dorothy: I know you Nick. You always hide some extra cash for a rainy day. I want it. All of it.

Nick: You're in prison idiot. What the hell do you need it for?

Dorothy: That's for me to know.

Nick: Fine. We'll split it 70-30.

Dorothy: That's generous. You must really wanna know.

Nick: Talk.

Dorothy: Her name is Felicia, she's your mother. When your dad got arrested, she asked to take you in. See, me, her and Sam were a triple con. The best cons in town. That is until she met that deadbeat. She loved the game, more than anything. But when she met Tony, it changed. The game became less important. And we needed her. She was better than me and Sam. Now she was happy with the two of you. But she was happier playing the game. That's why she left. Although I always wondered why she didn't come back to us. I haven't seen her since she left.

Nick: Any idea where she is?

Dorothy: Nope. I do miss her. I know she's out there though. I don't know why, but, I can feel it. There you go. Now where's the money.

Nick: You're getting 30

Dorothy: We agreed on 70-30!

Nick: I never said who was 70.

Just like that, I left. I didn't know what to do with this information. I just, I wanted to find her. So I decided to stay for a bit. Until I had some more intel at least.