Nobody's Innocent

Nick's POV

When I came to Vegas, I thought that the first thing I would be doing was searching non-stop for my mom. Little did I know, Vegas was more lucrative than I thought. It's like, you just did something bad for the first time in your life. Whether it be skipping school or stealing from a store. After you have a taste, you'll never want to stop. It doesn't make you a bad person. It just, it makes you rethink your life choices. We spend all this time trying to be good people and in the end, we get burned and the ones who wronged us get away with it. 

Perrie took them away. The effects were wearing off and my body could feel. My stomach started to tie itself together into one big knot. My guilt was coming back. I needed my next fix. I still don't have enough money. I need more. It was an easy job. But I messed up. There was this one guy walking in front of me. So I did what I usually did. I was so shaky. When I tried to do my move, he noticed. Then he started yelling and shouting to people; SHE STOLE MY WALLET! SOMEONE HELP! THAT STREET RAT STOLE MY WALLET! 

I almost froze. Almost. When the cops came to see what was going on, I didn't even think. It was intense. I went through multiple alley ways and a lot of stores to try losing them. They just don't get it. I'm broke. Some people just can't appreciate that. I steal to eat, I steal to live. The problem is when people see a kid doing something bad, they immediately judge and label them before even trying to look closer or trying to help. "Riff Raff", "Street Rat".  Only a few people would help before judging. 

I have the money now. I just need to find a dealer. When in Vegas...

I figured they hung out at casinos, just like the everyone in Vegas. As I walk towards a casino, I get blinded by all the lights. Everything around me kept getting blurry. I walked in a zigzag line. I needed to find a balance. I can't show weakness in front of someone. They'll just use it. Nobody's innocent. 

Molly's POV

What am I gonna tell her? What am I gonna say? She hurt me, I hurt her. I've been broken since she left because she was like a sister and when she left it felt like I lost a sister. How is she gonna react when we see her? Is she gonna run? If she does run, will she run from us or towards us?

When I saw her back home, she wasn't the same Nick. Something about her was definitely changed. And mom said Nick was not herself. I'm afraid. Not of getting her back, but what we'll find when we do. What happened after she left? I bet she won't even tell me. She never could tell anyone anything. 

I am in a car, on my way to Nevada to find my sister who ran away after we found out she was pretending to be someone else because our family hurt her family and she wanted revenge but then she ended up liking us. Does that make any sense? 

I'm mostly afraid of how I'll react. I don't want to scare her away. That was why she ran away in the first place. She thought I could never really forgive her. I need to find her. I need to find her, and tell her; Nothing you do, will ever make me hate you. 

Nick's POV

There were so many to choose from. Some offered more, some offered less. But none of them felt right. It was some of that "Quality over quantity" and vice-versa. I suddenly don't care and just come forward to the first one I see. 

Nick: Hey, what do you got?

Dealer: It's Vegas kid. I got everything.

Something about her looked familiar. I knew her from somewhere. 

Dealer: Yo, you sure you want this stuff? Aren't you a little young for this?

Nick: I'm older than I look.

Dealer: You're still a kid. You'll live.

Nick: If you only knew. 

Dealer: What? Boy-drama? 

Nick: Family. 

Dealer: What? Your dad hit you or something?

Nick: Since when are dealers this chatty?

Dealer: I like to know my customers. 

Nick: You mean victims. 

Dealer: So you see yourself as a victim?

Nick: I thought bartenders were the therapists. 

Dealer: Yeah I tried that for a bit. It was really boring, but I was just in it to rob the joint. Juice wasn't worth the squeeze though. The owner didn't have a lot of money but he did have a lot of drinks. 

The juice wasn't worth the squeeze. The juice wasn't worth the squeeze. The juice wasn't worth the squeeze. The juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

Nick: Whe-where did you get that?

Dealer: Get what?

Nick: The-that phrase. That saying. Um, where did you hear it?

Dealer: Some folks I used to hang with. 

Nick: Were their names, uh, Sam and Dorothy Harbaugh?

Dealer: Yeah, how'd you know?

Nick: They were my foster parents for a while.

Dealer: No way. I'm Felicia. What's your name kid?

Nick: ...It's, um, it's Nick. Nick...Franzelli.

A/N: I post every Monday and Friday. Chapter 16 on Monday is long and intense af. Try to read it during your free time. Have fun. ;)