This is too much...

Nick's POV

Nick: What are you doing here?

Perrie: When my best seller disappears, I start looking. Where have you been?

Nick: I had some stuff to take care of. 

Perrie: Oh! Ok, well, the next time you have stuff to take care of, make sure to let me know. You know, me, the one who gave you a job, a roof, a LIFE! 

Nick: Ok! I'm sorry! It wasn't my intention-

Perrie: I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOUR INTENTIONS! You...you work for me. Whatever you want to do, you have to tell me. Understood?

Nick: You're so full of yourself, you know that?

Perrie: Excuse YOU?!

Nick: Yeah, see, I am your BEST seller. You need me. And as your best seller, I expect a few perks. 

Perrie starts to laugh in a low voice. 

Perrie: Here is what's wrong with the picture, you seem to think you are above me. 

She comes closer to my face.

Perrie: You're not. I must give it to you Nick, you do sell stuff, but everything can be replaced. That includes you. See, you are just a dumb kid. I could easily get someone better. You've been useful for a while. Not anymore. 

I get so nervous as she comes closer. I thought this was it. 

Nick: What are you going to do?

Perrie: Oh! Don't worry Nick. I'm not gonna kill you. I, am going to take all of the drugs I gave you. 

Nick: They're gone. 

Perrie: You're a smart girl Nick. You're just too high to remember where you hid them just in case something happened. 

Then I suddenly remember that when I came here, I actually hid a few bags in case of some of them get lost or stolen. 

Nick: No! Please, don't do this! I need them. I'll do anything! I can't live without them!

Perrie: This is your fault Nick. You only have yourself to blame.

A bunch of her lackeys come in and tear the place apart. As if it wasn't torn up enough. I was on the ground, on my knees. Completely silent. Not saying a single word. I wasn't looking up at her. I didn't want to give her this satisfaction of seeing me broken. I tried. I tried being the lone wolf girl. It didn't work and now look where I am. I need to find the only family I have left. She's the only one left in my life that doesn't know what I did. I need to find my mother. Dad. He has to know where she is. No one can be in love with someone and just forget about them when they leave. I need to see him again. But I need to lay low. I've already been spotted by Liz and Molly. And since they saw me, they all know I'm here. 

The next morning, I go to visit my dad. 

Tony: Nick I'm so happy you came back.

Nick: Where is she?

Tony: Who?

Nick: Mom, where is she?

Tony: Nick you don't want to see her. 

Nick: Dad, how many more secrets do you have?

Tony: Wha-

Nick: I mean, you hid the fact that mom is alive. Now you're telling me you actually do know where she is. What else are you hiding? Do I have a brother out there too?

He looks down at the table. He was ashamed, I could feel it. I didn't care though. I didn't want to care neither. 

Tony: Nick, I haven't talked to her in years. Last I heard from her, she was somewhere in Nevada. 

Nick: That's not far from here.

Tony: Nick wait!

Nick: What? Make it fast, I have a bus to catch.

Tony: Look, I know things are all over the place with us but, I have good news. I'm getting out.

Nick: What?

Tony: I told the mob that I wanted out of the prison. Figured I'd be more useful outside. And they agreed.

Nick: So you're going to be a criminal after being in a criminal facility? How hard did they hit you when I stopped paying?

Tony: No, see, after I get out, I'm going to ask them what I have to do to be out of the mob. 

Nick: You want to manipulate, the mob, that continuously beat you up when I didn't pay them the money YOU owe them, and come out without a scratch? I seriously think you need to stop thinking all together. 

Tony: Nick it's-

Nick: Complicated? I'll understand when I grow up or have kids? Goodbye dad.

Just like that, I leave. Without even looking back. I wasn't in the mood for any of the excuses he had for coming up with something like this. He's out of his mind.