Chapter 1 || Mission Accomplished

This story gets better as you read further trust me🤧
————————————————-
Flashes of happy memories of being a Valkyrie flow through my head. I try to block out the sounds and vibrations of the bullets hitting my protection and almost prevailing.

My arms start shaking and sweat drips down my face and my heart jumps when the bullets stop shooting. I want to collapse with exhaustion but something is off.

Why had they stopped?

Questions zip through my head but I don't dare uncross my arms and leave myself exposed just yet.

Plans and ideas flow through my mind as I try to envision a way out. I ready myself as I crease my eyebrows, ready to execute my plan.

I uncross my arms and jump high in the air and take my knives to cut an opening through the ceiling just big enough to crawl through. I do it through another floor and reach the cool night air and my heart nearly jumps out of my chest at the relieving thought of possibly surviving.

Looking up in the night sky I see my Pegasus flying high with the Winter Soldier atop of her. Even when they're a mile away I can feel his eyes on me as I barely see him try to steer the creature back towards me.

I sprint and run like hell towards the two and try to escape the herd of Hydra coming for me. I look back up and see Peg flying closer and closer to me and I can see the soldier's eyes.

I can't read them.

I feel a sudden jolt through my spine and I feel no control of my legs anymore as I tumble to the ground, the sharp snow scraping my face and numbing my pain. I glance back and see guns pointed at me.

They hold electroshock guns at me.

"GO!" I scream to Peg. "GO! Get him to safety Peg!" I wave harshly to her as she lets out a distressed wail and turns around.

I hear two more shots and my body convulses until my vision goes black.
--------------------------
It feels like what had been hours I've been sitting in a stone cell. The hydra soldiers had stripped me of my weapons and my bulletproof armor by the time I woke up. I was just left in my leather clothes now. Nervous energy made me think about the Valkarior and wonder if they would come back for me.

They would. Right? We never leave eachother behind.

Unless they don't know I'm here.

I hear heavy footsteps coming toward me and I tense up. I watch my cell door struggle and creak, making a ungodly sound. I'm taken aback at the number of guns pointed at me and I frown. A scruffy looking man enters my cell and take my hands and bind them behind me and I roll my eyes.

There was no point in fighting when i could get my brains blown out.

They push me out the cell and I memorize every direction we took, taking in the base and mapping it out in my mind.

"Sorry about your friends." The same man who bound my hands spoke up. I didn't respond, trying to focus on the environment around me.

"We wanted to try out our new weapon and the results were exceptional." I tense and slow my walking as I suspect that he isn't lying. The armed hydra agent behind me pushed me hard, making me walk a faster pace.

We approached a a barred wall with what seemed a very poor dentist appointment, with a black tilted chair in the middle.

"Would you like to say goodbye?"

I finally glare at him and try to sense any bluff. His mouth twitches up and tilts his head toward the back of the room and there was a large metal garbage disposal. I hesitantly walk towards it and feel my heart thumping.

I peer over the garbage wall and I gag with disgust and despair. It was a deep garbage chute, and in it were piles of bodies of pegasi and valkariors. Tears prick at my eyes and I feel anger boiling in me.

My sisters; the girls I've fought beside with since the day I've been born had all died at once at the hands of Hydra.

I clench my fists. A hand crawls around my arm and I burst. I shove the off of me and kick someone's head to the side. I didn't care whose. I go for the door, but all at once 3 pairs of hands try to force me down but I drag them with me, inching towards the exit.

The air gets knocked out of me as someone tackles me to the ground and I groan at the blow.

"You guys are sick." I spit at the floor and strain against their bruising fingers, forcing me to the black chair. I struggle against their straps.

"Don't worry. They were the lucky ones." I hear him say.

A man grabs my hair, keeping me still as another man tries to shove what seemed to be a mouthguard in my mouth and i bite hard on his hand and spit out his blood.

"You bitch!" He yells out in pain and takes his other hand and slaps me hard against the face, making my vision blur.

I try to regain my balance but they force my head back and the rubber was placed in my mouth. I stare at the moving light above me.

Immense pain starts to fill every nerve in my body, making me feel like my brain is being melted.

Hours later, they let me breathe.

"Scrap the project: the Winter Soldier. We don't have James anymore. She will be our new project. Call it Vikarie."

I try to talk but no sound left my mouth.

[words: 971]