Chapter 2 || Exposed

"Defend but don't pursue." Ryan straps me into my suit, placing guns and knives into different holsters. I stand stiff and nod. "We wouldn't want the enemy to stunt our potential army."

I nod again. Once he stands up I make my way to the exit and ready for the mission. Before reaching the door I feel his hand grip my shoulder, stopping me. I look to him and he frowns and leans over to my ear.

"I heard from the Doctor that if anything from the rise hydra mission gets stolen or harmed, you'll pay for it."

The consequence didn't surprise me. The first few months of being with Hydra had been the most difficult-- and the most hurtful. I realize that when you comply, it hurts less. They wouldn't let me think of escaping without having my head first.

But Ryan, for the last few days have been helping me. Preparing me for Hydra's worst reprimands.

I engage my half-mask, exposing my eyes and I crack my neck.

I nod and exit through the door. I hear the crunch of the snow below my feet, missing the cool air heightening my senses even more now. It had been 5 years since I've felt the crunching snow, and the feeling had been refreshing.

I hear guns and commotion, seeming as if it had been going on for a while now. Not far, I see the battle field and the distinction between Hydra and the Avengers. As I make my way to the field I look through my scope and try to shoot.

I hear machinery pulling up on me and I glance above and dive out of the way before his beam shot through me. I reach for a small explosive device and throw it onto his red metal suit and sprint closer to the war zone.

I hear the explosive trigger and throw the man across the field into the snow. I eye a turret and flip atop of it. A giant green beast roars and charges at me. He jumps high in the air to throw his hands down but I jump out before he could crush me.

I take the same explosive device used on metal man and slap the giant's back and wait for it to explode. Once he gets thrown back I look ahead of me and see a man with a shiny black metal arm, shooting a gun.

I take out my knife and throw it but it just bounced off his metal arm. He glances to me and starts shooting but I hide behind a stone rock.

The Winter Soldier.

Before I could react, my heart drops as I see in my peripheral, Captain America making his way to the Hydra base, unnoticed.

I sprint, so fast I had almost been floating atop of the snow. I take my AR15 gun and start shooting. The first couple of bullets missed, but by the time I focused the gun he had already blocked himself with a shield. He had slowed down enough so I could reach him before he could reach the base.

I leap for him in the air when he throws his shield to me. I grab the edge, my gloves helping my grip on them and throw it back to him. He tries catching it but trips and falls. I land atop of him and take my knife out. I flip it in my hand before about to plunge it in his throat but a bullet grazes my gloved hand, making me hiss.

Cap brings up his knees and uses both feet to kick me and I fly a couple feet before hitting the snow with a sharp gasp for breath. I crawl to my knees and spit at the snow, watching drops of blood stain the pearl white ice.

I stand up tall and see James walk slowly with his gun pointed sharply at me. "I got her." I hear him say to the other before he goes for the Hydra base, leaving the Hydra soldiers confused. They started chasing after them and I hold up my hand to stop them, knowing what they had to go through to get to our developing army.

I frown and look back at the man in front of me. He no longer looks at me but looks to the base. Following his eyes I freeze and see the slow line of people (developing soldiers for Hydra's project) being taken across the snow pane. They had walked to the point where they were now in front of me, making their way to their ship.

Slowly, I bring my hand up to my ear with the soldier watching my every move. I whisper into the comms, "When you hear my gunshot, let all hell break loose; shoot the people. No hesitation." I say darkly.

I look back to him and narrow my eyes at him. I quickly unholster my pistol from my arm and shoot towards the line of people.

"NO!" I hear James yell and tackle me to the ground, throwing my pistol to the side. He quickly delivers a quick blow to my face when he punches me. I electrify him from my glove and push him off me. I see the line of fallen people and knew I would pay for it later. I sprint toward the front of the line, trying to avoid the spray of bullets along the way.

I don't get far when I'm tackled to the ground again by the soldier. I try to kick him annoyed and but he doesn't let me go as he flips me over on my back and punches me, delivering another blow. Something scrapes against my cheek and I look to the side, seeing my mask had been pushed off.

I feel dizzy and look back at him. "(y/n)?" He whispers under his breath and I glare at him, also confused to how he knows me.

"Bucky!" I look over to the ship and see that one girl had survived. Our youngest, only 11 years old. Steve waves over for Bucky but the soldier doesn't move.

I see a spiderweb attach to his back and pull him off me but i grab his ankle and we're both dragged in the snow, pulling me closer to their ship. Perfect.

I take another pistol from my thigh strap and quickly aim my gun at the girl and pull the trigger. Steve quickly tries to move in front of her but fails.

I finally let go and flip the gun back into its strap and stand up. I look back to Steve and he looks at me like Hydra's devil child. I glare back at him, but the stare doesn't last long when I feel multiple shocks through my back and my entire body. My face hits the snow, the coldness numbing the pain a bit.

I don't move until I hear people around me. Two pairs of hands drag my limp body back to the base. I drowsily look up at the elevated ship and spot James looking at me as if he killed the girl himself.

"Bucky?" I whisper to myself and slowly let the cold take over my sore body.

[words: 1194]