Chapter 18 || Free?

We've locked Covard in a hermetically sealed room so that his virus doesn't get around to anyone else. There was a button to allow access into the room and another one so that we can hear what he says.

It's been an hour and the team and I have been waiting for him to wake up. After what seemed like forever I see Covard's eyes shoot open. He gasps harshly and checks his surroundings and sends me a look of hatred I've never seen before.

"Kill yourselves!" He screamed as he tried to fight his way out. I stand up straight facing him and stare blankly into his face.

I realize how easily that could've been. I look back to the team that waited for me to make the next move. If I ever let Covard I'm sure he would make sure his command is met.

I cross my arms and examine his state. He was sweating, a lot. He took his jacket off and seemed tired enough to sit down. His back hits the wall and his legs collapse from under him.

"What is IGH." I start.

He closes his eyes and breathes. "They are what you should be running from. Not me. I can protect you from them."

I frown, "why would IGH come for me?" I question.

Covard laughs like he was in pure bliss and I get goosebumps as I lean agains the glass window.

"You're God's special creation (y/n)." He said tauntingly. "Why wouldn't they come for you? They stripped you down of the person you once were and rebuilt the greatest war machine."

I scrunch my nose. "Greatest war machine?" I question. "I know I'm not."

"You are." He says in a threatening voice. "You just haven't reached your potential because of your weak mind."

I feel dizzy as he continues to talk.

"Having even an ounce of a good heart clouds your judgement. That happened when you met them." He motions to the team. "But admit it, you never had a good heart. That's why you're HYDRA's best."

I stay silent, not knowing whether to tell him to shut up.

"You really thought they would let you go? You're not free. You never were. Even if HYDRA falls you still exist. Someone will want their hands on you." He sneers.

"Right?" He presses. "Say it, admit it (y/n). You're a part of something greater."

"Is that all you know of IGH?" I say with my head low.

"Why?" He nods.

I step to press the button to unlock the door and open the first door as I hear questions behind me.

I tryna round to meet their gaze and mine lands on Bucky's. "We don't need him anymore."

I quickly close the door before they could stop me and I hear the sound of a beep, letting me know the doors were locked tight. I hear the calm voices arise into a panic as I open the second door, allowing me access to Covard.

"You want to see me as a monster. Let me show you a peek." I growl and approach him as he stumbles back.

"Wait! (Y/n) please!" He looks at me with terrified eyes.

"(Y/n) don't add this to your guilty conscience!" Steve yells at me.

I look at him through the glass. "This is going to be the one kill I'll gladly have on my conscience." I say low. My heart pumping and my adrenaline high.

I pull him up by the collar of his shoulder and examine his face. "I should rip your throat out but I'll give you a mercy kill." I hum to him. Almost a lullaby before his final sleep.