Chapter 22 || Key

It had been a few weeks and I explained to the team about what happened. I had them do procedure to examine whatever it was inside my head and to take it out.

A knock on my doorframe caused me to look up front the edge of my bed.

"Hey." I throw him a small smile.

He gives one back. "You nervous for today?"

I stare blankly at the floor as I think about his question. "I should be." I softly shrug. "We have no idea what the key does."

a few days ago we'd visited Wakanda for Shuri to pull out a jellylike chip. She'd studied it and figured out its trigger words. Though we had to leave because she became busy. We're not in any particular rush anyways.

Today we're attempting to activate the key and then insert it back into my neck. Once the trigger words activated the chip, ropes of energy was drawn towards human skin.

The time had come and I was strapped into the chair. Bucky tried reassuring me that he could find someone to take my place. I smiled and politely rejected.

I get comfortable in the chair and feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up to see Nat give me a reassuring smile as she holds the key in the other hand.

She whispers the trigger words and I face down as she moves my hair out of the way.

First it felt like a tickle on the back of your neck. Then I felt a pinching pain, taking a small part of my opening and then stretching it wide out.

I feel my breaths wavering when the key inserts itself into my neck. I shudder when I could consciously feel it.

"You okay (y/n)? How do you feel?" Steve asked me questions when I dropped my head, tired of holding it up. I nod.

Soon I feel every nerve in my body fire up like electricity. It didn't hurt me though.

My breathing slowed as I saw Bucky say something. but my body relaxed and allowed itself to fall before I could process what he said.
——————————————————-
My eyes shoot open and I take in my surrounding as I forgot where I was. I started Bucky awake when I scraped the chair to the tile from my sudden outburst.

Bucky quickly stands up from his chair and kneels in front of me. My bloodshot eyes couldn't stay on him.

"Get me out. Get me out." I frantically said.

Bucky quickly grabbed at the ropes and untied me as I stumbled to the ground, pushing my hair out of the way.

I run my fingers along the scar to feel stitches. I whimper in pain as I rip the stitches open, feeling my flesh tear with it and dig my fingers in to pull out the key.

Bucky tried stopping me but I pulled it out before it was too late. It was as if it's power wrapped itself around my brain and kept me dormant.

I look at Bucky, still frazzled. "Destroy it." I hold the key in front of his face with my blood dripping down my arm.

I place the key on the ground and kneel down as I pull him down with me. "Please please just do it." I feel a tight pain in my chest as Bucky nodded.

He pulled his metal arm back and blew an amazing blow to the floor where the key was. He pulls his arm down multiple times cracking the floor.

I feel a vein pop in my head as I felt sick.

My world came down on me.
—————————————————
very very short but necessary chapter :))

[words: 616]