Chapter 23 || the end

Chapter 23
My eyes flutter open. I, only saw light at first.

I take in my surrounding. I was placed in a hospital bed, but I had no needles in me injecting anything.

I toss my legs to the side as I stand up and stretch. I reached for the bathroom and glanced in the mirror. I gasped when I saw scars of cuts on places of my face.

"What happened?" I mumble to myself.

"(Y/n)?"

My heart flutters as I hear that voice.

"(Y/n)?!" He calls again. I could hear the panic setting in.

I burst out the bathroom and see Bucky with shortened hair, not exactly falling to his shoulders anymore.

"Bucky." I breathed out and ran in for a hug. I trailed my hand up into his hair and started running my fingers through it. "I like what you've done with your hair." I say smiling.

I could feel Bucky's arms tighten at my remark. "When did you wake up?" He asked, still engulfing me in a hug.

"Not long ago." I pull away and he does the same to examine me.

I place my hands at his shoulders and ran them down to the back of my waist and I frowned when I felt metal.

I take his hands off me and observe his hand. I watch with content as the metal bended to his will. "What happened?"

I felt Bucky become tense even through his metal arm and he had a subtle horror look to his face.

"W-What? What's wrong? Why are you making that face?" I looked at my hands and my arms, now realizing the amount of scars and bruises I had. My face contorted and I swallowed hard. "What happened to me?" I say low.

"What do you not remember?" Bucky asked.

"I-I don't know. I know who you are. I remember Nat, Wanda, Steve, Sam, and Peter." I closed my eyes trying to remember more.

"Do you remember who you are?" He asked again, stepping closer to me but I stepped back, my heart starting to thump in my chest.

"I-." I flutter my eyes and comb my fingers through my hair as I try to remember. I swallow again and Bucky backs me up until I hit a wall. I was breathing hard. He didn't step closer once I stopped moving.

"Um-." I bolt out of the door with Bucky behind me. He called my name but I made my way to my bedroom that I remember at least.

I open my door to see it a bit messy but I didn't mind. I go to the bathroom and strip off my clothes so that I'm left in my bra and shorts. I see Bucky shield his eyes by looking away.

I gasp as I look into the mirror. "What happened to me?" All along my body were scars, lines and burn marks of what seemed to be torture. It's as if God made a few mistakes with his pencil.

I turn around to see my back and I quickly looked away as I felt chills go up my spine knowing it's on my skin. On my body.

I turn back around and lean against the counter facing my hands. I look to Bucky and I still see him looking away.

I grab the patient gown and slip it back on as I sigh. "Are there any clothes that I could wear?" I say stressed.

"Uh. Yeah. Here." He signals me to follow him into his room.

He hands me his dark gray sweatpants and a black T-shirt. He turns around again and I change quickly, shoving the gown into a trash can.

Bucky turns around again and I cross my arms  after flipping my hair.
—————————————————
"What is your name?" I see Steve sitting across from me, his arms folded on his knees as he bent over.