Chapter 3 || Aftermath

mission failed, we'll geh em next toime.

heheh okay okay back to the story
--------------------------------------
I'm sat back on the chair and I tense my body, not knowing what would happen.

"You ordered them to kill our people." The hydra member says in front of me. I look up and see Ryan in the corner in my peripheral. "Why?" The man asks.

"If they had taken the project then they would have more power, more help, more intel." I say plainly.

"So why didn't you stop them from entering Hydra base?" He asks but I don't answer.

"I saw James there." I say, twisting my eyebrows into a frown.

My body jolts at the sudden stinging pain across my face and I look down.

"He's a traitor." He says roughly. "And those people (y/n), the Avengers, took everyone. You were to lead the army and defend our base. You failed." I clench my fists from fear rising up in me.

"I'm sorry." I say and look up at him. His dark eyes stung mine.

"wipe her. Then send her to terminate our Winter Soldier." his eyes still looked at mine as my breathing grew quicker and my heart began pounding in my chest. "We can't have him interfere with our biggest weapon." He turns around and begins to leave when I'm pushed back into the chair.

My eyes become glossy as my vision turns blurry from the threatening tears.

"Wait." I blink and a few fall as I look to Ryan. He looked at me and narrowed my eyes at him to stand down. "Why does she need to be wiped? Moving on to the next phase would be better for all of us."

I almost growl at him when the man turned around and stared Ryan down. "And do you run this system?"

Ryan opens his mouth as if he was about to say something, but nothing came out.

The hydra leader looks to my poorly hidden horrified face and back to Ryan. He curls his upper lip and looks to the Doc. "wipe her; have her kill this soldier and then send her to our Winter Soldier." He looks back to Ryan, "Don't worry. This will be better for all of us." And with that he turns around and walks away.

I squirm under the hands of members and push them far back, tossing them aside. I didn't want to hurt Ryan. This whole time he had been the only one who had felt remorse for me and helped me somewhat survive this hellhole.

I try to move from the chair but an abundance of soldiers surrounding the room held me down to the chair and started strapping me in. My heart falls to my stomach and I stop trying. I can't escape this now.

Instead I look to the corner and see Ryan, terrified, teary eyed. I shake my head and whisper to him, "I'm sorry."

I let them insert the black mouthguard and I lay my head back. My vocal chords strain from my screaming. The pain never stops subsiding and soon, it was all I could think about.
---------------------------------------------
"what is your name?"

"(y/f/n) (y/l/n)."

"What is your identification?"

"Vikarie."

"Who do you work for?"

"H.Y.D.R.A."

"хорошо, викари, теперь убей этого человека." I see the Doctor point to a man in the corner, looking as if he was about to crack any second.

I slowly get up from the chair, never breaking eye contact with the man. I pause next to another soldier and pull out his pistol from his boot, feeling his body tense from beside me.

I cock the pistol and point the muzzle in the middle of his forehead.

"I'm sorry (y/n)." I see tears falling now. "I'm so so-."

I pull the trigger without blinking.

I watch as his limp body fall to the ground, blood starting to ooze.

I hear Doc tell someone to suit me up for my mission.

The soldier prepares me in the same room, though he had to just give me a uniform and weapons.

As I stick my knife into its slip Doc shows me a picture of a man. He had long brown hair and sharp blue eyes.

I stare at the picture longer as I attach my half-mask onto my face. I tie my hair back into a low ponytail and don't bother pushing the stragglers out of my face.

"This is the Winter Soldier. He has betrayed Hydra. He is the enemy. Your mission: Kill the Winter Soldier."
--------------------------------
3rd POV
--------------------------------
The Avengers sat exhausted from the fight in the Avenger tower. The living room, rather big, still fit everyone. The little girl's body had been laid on a blanket and no one bothered to look at her.

"Oh for christ sake." Clint groans and walks over the girl's body and covers the blanket over her.

"I knew her." Bucky whispers in the tense silence.

"What?" Steve, and the group looks to Bucky. Bucky hesitantly looks up at everyone and looks back down at the floor.

Bucky frowns and shakes his head, "She's the one who saved me from Hydra all those years ago."

"What?" Valkyrie steps forward, eyes wide. She had been staying in the Avenger tower with Thor because Asgard isn't what it used to be anymore.

"I thought she had been dead." Bucky says again. "They got her, I thought they'd kill her." He looks to Valkyrie. "You weren't the only survivor."

"Oh great. Another you." Sam speaks up and Bucky shoots a glare at him.

"Any other Valkyrie I know wouldn't shoot an innocent 11 year old girl." Val crosses her arms.

"Its not her," Steve says, "they've brainwashed her so she's just their pet." He didn't want Bucky to say it and remember the bad memories. Bucky shakes his head from thought and stands up.

"I'm going to sleep." He muttered started heading towards his quarters and the rest of the Avengers stand there, returning to their stiff silence.

"If Bucky had been their trump card then this other Valkyrie should be too." Nat offers an idea.

Valkyrie bit into her lip and follows after Bucky. She needs to know exactly who was still alive.

"So we get her we get to Hydra." Bruce murmurs.

"(y/n)." Valkyrie returns with a lost look on her face. "Her name is (y/n)."

[words: 1059]