Chapter 15 || Reconnect

This book isn't getting views and I know it's getting worse (the plot) but I'm trying. My only goal really is to complete this book. Because I've always started and never finished.
————————————————
It's been a few hours since they've scanned me. They've determined that I had a a broken rib, a cracked rib and lots of cuts and bruises.

But nothing new.

I shove the nurses off of me as they try to make me lay back down on the bed.

"You need to rest with that broken rib." One of them say.

"I'll heal fast. I'm not normal if you've forgotten." I hiss when I stand up. "Just give me some pain meds delivered to me and I'll be fine." I slowly limp my way out of the room and use the elevator to get to one of the offices.

I need to find where this asshole is at.

The nurses cleaned the blood off me, including the matted blood in my hair. Nothing was too large that needed stitches, but it was close.

I slowly lay myself in the chair and quickly start scrolling through. I hacked into every camera and wasn't able to closely look at him.

I hear the door click and grab the gun from under the desk and cock it at the person.

"Steve." I breathe. "Are you-."

He shakes his head and Nat follows behind him. No Bucky.

"(Y/n) we're so s-."

"No it's fine." I cut them off. "It's good. We've accomplished so much." I start smiling.

Nat gives me a concerned look. "(Y/n).."

"No. I'm free. He can't control me. He told you guys to attack me because he can't control me anymore."

Steve and Nat look to me confused.

"How's that even possible?"

I shrug. "Where's Bucky?" I try to push myself off the chair when Steve urges me to sit down.

"I'll get him."

I shake my head. "I have to get ready to sleep anyways."

"He's in his room." Steve replies and I nod.

"Thanks guys. And I'm okay." I lastly say. "I promise."

I make my way to the elevator and smash the button as I struggled with the knot in my back. I couldn't exactly crack it.

I exit the elevator and pass a few doors until getting to Bucky's.

I gasp in shock when I hear something being thrown and silence came quickly after.

"Bucky?!" I pound on the door worried that something might've happened. "Bucky are you okay?!" I get no response. I reach my hand toward the handle when the door swings open with a frazzled Bucky. "Bucky." I whisper.

He doesn't look at me and blocks the view from his room.

"Bucky, are you okay?" I step forward and he steps back.

I sigh and roll my eyes. "Don't do this Bucky." I say in a warning tone.

I watch as his eyes moved to his metal fist, stained with dry blood from when he punched me.

I sharply inhale and think of something to distract him. "Covard can't control me anymore." I day with a small smile.

I watch as his face tries to contort into a smile but fails. "I saw. That still doesn't make him less dangerous to you. He made people hurt y-."

"Okay okay." I didnt want him to finish that. "But I'll get stronger and I'll reach Covard."

I carefully examine his face as it turned into a painfully sad expression.

I press my hand up against his chest and smile. "And I'll do it with your help."

Bucky finally looks at me. His eyes were barely glassy but I could see them. It was a bit red around his eyes. I feel his flesh hand cup around mine and I quietly sigh at the warmth.

After a while I talk, "how about we go to the living room? Watch a movie?"

He gives me a soft smile back and nods. "I'll wash up and meet you there." He says.

I nod and head to my room to change out of my y inform that I was still in. It took a while but I change into sweatpants and a black tank top.

I grab the blanket on my bed and head towards the elevator. I wrap the blanket around me and some of it dragged on the floor. I didn't mind though. The tower was clean.

The elevator dings and I walk over to the couch, where it seems someone were already scrolling through the movie choices.

"Bucky? How did you get here before me?" I see Bucky in a black tank top, exposing his arms and gray sweatpants.

Bucky looks to me and shrugs and laughs. "I was worried you bailed on me."

I tried to ignore the piercing pain on my side as I laughed with him. "I would never." I make my way and sit next to him, making sure the blanket kept me warm.

"You look cozy." He glances to me.

"Here." I half stand and take the blanket so that it covered the both of us. I glance to Bucky and I saw him staring blankly at my arms. They were covered in bruises.

"I'm okay. I don't even feel it." I cuddle up against his side so the blanket would reach the both of us. "Pick a movie."

I feel Bucky rub his face and scan the TV again. "What're you in the mood for?"

"What about that?" I point to Incredibles 2.

He clicks on it and I get comfortable in my seat.

We let out a few giggles and the credits rolled.

"Damn. If you could have one of their powers what would it be?" Bucky asks.

I thought for a while. "Maybe Violet. She has the defense force field power but if she had more experience she could be more powerful than she already is." I babble. "What about you?"

He thinks for a while until answering. "I don't know. I've never thought about having powers." 

"You're still one hell of a soldier Sargent." I laugh. I quickly yawn after that.

"You should get to bed." Bucky says. He pulls the blanket off of me and tries to help me up.

I wince in pain as I fully stand up, not being able to stretch too hard. "Do the nightmares still come?" I ask him.

He sighs and we start walking towards the elevator. He held the fluffy blanket in his arms."Yes, but I can manage. What about you?"

He tries to convince me that he can go through this night alone. Lost in his thoughts.

The elevator dings and we start walking towards my room.

"Alcohol usually helps." I scoff.

"Oh. I haven't been drunk in-."

"Forever?" I ask with a smirk.

He looks at me and gives me a slight chuckle. "Yeah."

"We should go for a drink sometime. You know, when this whole situation is over?" We stop in front of my door.

"Yeah." He smiles and he opens the door for me. "You should get plenty of rest." He looks to my arms again.

He takes the blanket and wraps it around me. "I'm sorry you had to get hurt doll." He crosses his arms.

"Bucky it's really okay."

He gives me a sad smile and nods. "Okay." He cradles my face with his hand. His thumb lightly strokes over the now closed wound with his finger, but the contact still made me wince. He whispers a sorry and leans forward to kiss the top of my head. "Goodnight Doll."

I give him a small smile. "Goodnight Bucky." I turn around the close the door behind me.

[words: 1280]