▪︎Shift to my room▪︎

SHIVAAY

I know she is not at fault but I can't accept her as my wife having Diya in my heart. It'll be like betraying both Anika as well as Diya.

The day when I felt my niece or nephew's heart beat it was really an emotional euphoria. I didn't know what was the feeling but one thing I decided, at least I'll treat Anika as my friend. It's because of her Prinku and the baby is safe.

She took care and stood by my family when I was drowning in my own sorrow. Despite of my arrogance, rudeness, she took all in her and never retaliated.

It is known that I was being rude to her all these years, my anger on her for accepting this marriage. Even after knowing my love for Diya and will not accept her as my wife or in my life, still never giving up on my family.

I should have at least treated her better after knowing about her from childhood, the memory of Anika when she was born is still in my brain. My presence was there. Her tiny hands, legs, nose, pink face all together made my heart flutter.

Arnav was being possessive of her, he didn't even let me touch her for a long time, after a point I snatched her from him telling " even I want to carry her "

When she came to my hands, she opened her eyes slowly, I thought she would start her cries. To my surprise instead she gave me a toothless smile.

That day I was on top of the world, with determination I decided whatever happens she'll always be with me and I'll never give her to anyone.

She was named Anika in few days, the name I have her was Nikki on the first day. Nikki! yes, I used to call her that and she also used to smile ear to ear hearing that name.

Arnav used to jealous of me as Nikki always used be with me, I was behind her talking, walking, running and scolding.

She would never by careful always falling down, tripping and crying
I always used to scold and treat her every time and she used to show me her puppy face which I can never deny.

Years passed and the Trivedi's shifted to London and that day I cried almost whole night hugging her and she never understood anything but wiped my tears.

Things changed she was no more in my mind that's what I told people but she was always there as my Nikki. When she came back and joined the same school I was studying. My attitude and pride didn't let me to show her the care I used to have.

Whereas I acted as if not remembering her because of the class which I needed to maintain. Deep down the urge to meet and talk to her was getting greater day by day. Soon I went to abroad for studies and met Diya there.

Now I know why Anika married me and took care of the whole family. Actually, I eavesdropped her conversation with mom after she woke up. I was coming inside the room at night to give mom medicines where they both were in deep discussion.

"Ani. Thank you, beta, for fulfilling my promise to take care of my family especially Shivaay during my absence.
I know it would have been difficult but, I didn't believe none except you" my mom told making Anika sit beside her and shocking me

" Ma, what are you talking! your family? our family ma. Don't forget and what is this? does a mother thank her daughter? Either you don't consider me as your daughter or I'm not your daughter" Anika told wiping mom's tears.

" You are my daughter understood? May be Nishi might have given birth to you but, you are my daughter okay!" mom told twisting Anika's ears making her wince and making me chuckle at their bond.

I returned back knowing if Anika is there, I needn't worry about mom's health. The guilt for blaming her and taking my whole anger on that girl was eating me. I should have at least thought about her as Nikki but, I didn't! My fault.