▪︎Dr.Anika is your wife?▪︎

SHIVAAY

"Diya" I whispered looking at Anika and she nodded her head positively with blank eyes.

"She is here as my patient" she told looking down.

"Patient! Pregnant?" I asked her with some sort of emotion building up in me, I don't know what to name it.

"No..no not pregnant she came as she had some minor problem internally" she told clearing up my confusion.

"But married" she told it in a mere whisper at last the one which is clear.

I ran my hands in my hair frustrated, I don't know what to do? Should I go talk to her and do something or should I stay back and see her happy without going in front. What about Nikki, what should I do? I was confused as hell.

"Shivaay, I think you need to go talk to her once. Who knows even she must not be happy in her married life same as you" she looked the last one looking down and I looked shocked.

How the hell can she think like that, how dare she? I understand I wasn't happy with my life when I got married but now everything is smooth and I am happy. God what do I do! Now that Diya came everything is a mess.

"Is she with her husband?" I dare not look at her.

"NO" she told looking at me, I can sense her gaze on me. Now this is getting on my nerves.

"Shivaay I can leave you alone with her for 10 minutes with her, just talk it out and sort it." She told going near the door, I didnt tell anything and she never bothered to ask my opinion wow! Wonderful.

Not having any other go I was following her.

"Wait here okay?" She told and I nodded. I was just standing outside her cabin door.

After a good ten minutes the door flung open and I entered her cabin to witness a shocked and yet surprised Diya and a blank Anika near the door.

Anika just looked at me for a second and left the room, leaving Diya and me alone. I should be happy that I saw Diya but I don't feel the feeling, I am not even happy or excited.

Oh man! This awkwardness is eating me up, what do I talk.

"Hi Shivaay!" She initiates the conversation. "Hey" I told looking at her. I felt her being more awkward than me.

I can see her nuptial chain and vermilion on her partition. She caught me gazing at her married symbols.

"Married?" She asked after a long gap and I nodded

"yes" I told in a whisper.

"To whom?" She told in an expression I can't decipher. I indicated to the name plate in Anika's table

"Anika" I told in a good voice. Taking her name gave me the feeling of proud as well as guiltiness in me.

"Nikki" I whispered looking at her.

"Dr. Anika is your wife?" She asked not believing or may be shocked to hear it from me.

"Yes" I told in a confident voice.

"The one whom you told while we were dating, your childhood best friend" she asked looking at me with open mouth. And I nodded positively.

She took a very long breath as if she is going to prepare herself for a marathon.

"Look Shivaay, I know I didnt inform you or we didnt have a clear break up. But understand my situation wasn't that good that I can come and explain you everything. I know I am being rude now but I don't have any way out. I am married no actually happily married. It was difficult for me to move on from you and start a life, I literally planned my whole life with you but destiny changes everything. I am sorry that I couldn't tell you anything.