Chapter 2: Same Ol Same Ol

-Five months later

Sydney's junior year started she was still a cheerleader. It made her so angry that Dylan was still a football player. He refused to help her with Kaisley. His parents let him get away with not helping.

It was a Friday night Bucky had the night off. He put 1 year old Kanon in his car seat and they headed to the high school.

He sat up in the stands with him as he watched his old high school football team

He sat up in the stands with him as he watched his old high school football team. When ever he clapped Kanon clapped. Then something caught his eye.

He saw a red headed cheerleader in the air. "Wow..working part time and a cheerleader." He said

After the game was over he went to say hi to his old coach. Sydney seen him talking to Coach Fury. Bucky missed her by 5 minutes so he didn't see her with Kaisley.

The next morning Sydney headed to the library to do home work till she had to go in. She got all of homework done then headed to work.

It was College Football weekend Bucky was feeling the sting of having to give everything up. He loved his son but he had big dreams to leave this town behind and join the NFL.

Bucky refilled drinks passed out beers all night long. Sydney was also working her tail off she loved the busy nights. She made good tips those nights.

They had been working together for 5 months now. Bucky and her barely said two words to each other. Except when she needed to put a bar order in.

Sydney worked every night after cheer practice. She only had Fridays off for Varsity games. One night they had to close together it was a chilly September night.

She cleaned up the main living room turned chairs up side down. Bucky was cleaning glasses.

"Do you mind if I help?" She said

"Not at all darlin. How was your night?" He said as she sat up on the bar top.

"It was good." She said as she helped him clean glasses.

With her help he was able to get out thirty minutes earlier than normal. "Have a good night Sydney drive safe." He said

"You too Buck." She said as she got in her blue rubicon.

She got home around 1 did her homework and ate. She got up the next morning got herself ready for school. She got Kaisley ready for daycare and then left for another long day of her routine.

Bucky was also up he got both himself  and Kanon ready. He left in a hurry he dropped off Kanon at his sister's. He got his long day started at the shop.