Chapter 26: Gary Needs Ton- To Be Quiet About it

I made us invisible as we made our way through the news reporters. I walked in front of Dad just in case. A man started to walk towards us. We moved aside and let him pass. I stopped short as a man making a phone call stepped in-front of me. I gasped lightly as I almost bumped into him. He looked around, but shrugged it off. Dad rolled his eyes and pulled me along as he walked towards a news van. Dad looked around to see if anyone was looking before opening the door. It would be a little creepy if you saw a door open up by itself... some paranormal shit. We quickly hopped into the van and closed the door. Dad went straight to the computers.

I looked at one of the small TVs and saw a old man holding a sign up with a 10, smiling very big. I smiled at the man. He looked adorable and he also looked... oddly familiar. Dad turned it off. He sat in one of the chairs. I watched as dad did his thing and a meter pops up on the screen of the computer. It said, 9.2 mbps, slow connection speed.

"That ain't gonna cut it." Dad spoke up. The door opened up. We froze. The same man who passed us on the phone stood there.

"Sir, I don't know who..." he stopped. We turned. Dad held a finger to his lips and shushed him. The mans jaw dropped. We smiled at him. "Mom, I need to call you back, something magical is happening!" He ended the call. "Tony Stark is in my van! Tony Stark AND Hope Stark are in my van!"

"Shh. Keep it down." Dad tried to calm him down. "No we're not."

"I knew you were still alive!" He whispered excitedly at us with a large grin. I smiled at his excitement. His hands keep going up and down.

"Come in and close the door." I whispered waving him in.

"Oh! Oh sure." He couldn't find the handle to get up and lost his foot. I almost laughed as dad backed up when he got in. He closed the door. We put a finger to our mouths.

"Oh, wow! Can I just say sir..." he started with a grin.

"Yeah." Dad nodded.

"I'm your biggest fan." He smiled. I smiled. Dad stared at him.

"Ok first, is this your van? Is anyone going to come in?" Dad asked cautiously.

"No, no, no, just us." The man huffed out a laugh as he stared at Dad. He looked so excited. It's the same way I look at food when I haven't eaten in 10 minutes... don't judge...

"What's your name?" Dad asked and stood up in front of the overly joyful man.

"Gary." They shook hands. Gary looked as if his dream had just come true.

"Gary." Dad nodded. I stifled a laugh.

"Oh wow!"

"It's ok, I get a lot of this." Dad gave him a dazzling smile. I rolled my eyes.

"Could I just say..." Gary started again.

"Yeah, what do you want?" Dad said. I know he's secretly annoyed, but not to Gary. I can tell Dad just wants to get this done.

"I don't know if you can tell, but I kind of patterned my whole look after you. My hairs a little, not right because there's no product in it." Gary rambled, fan girling over dad. Don't laugh, don't laugh! This reminded me of Coulson and Steve. My smiled flattened a bit as I thought of Coulson.