Chapter 54: Arnim Zola

I teleported to where every Natasha was. I screamed as a black truck was driving towards me. The tires screeched as the brakes were hit. I teleported out of the way. The truck went a bit father than where I stood. I placed a hand over my chest, my heart racing. The window rolled down. Steve popped his head out. Natasha's smirking face behind his worried one.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed as I walked up to the truck. My shoulders stiff as I hopped in the truck. Steve looked back at me through the mirror. Natasha smirked back at me. Steve started to drive.

"How was your visit?" Natasha asked. I shrugged, forgetting almost getting hit by a truck. I felt my heart beat go back to normal.

"Okay. It felt as though I was saying goodbye... I cried, he cried... don't tell him I told you." I pointed to the two. Natasha smirked. Steve just smiled sweetly.

"So you told him about HYDRA, and the Soldier?" Natasha questioned.

"Bucky." Steve corrected. Natasha ignored him. I nodded.

"He knows. Where are we headed? How did Steve handle the whole going undercover thing?" I smirked.

"Wheaton, New Jersey. We're in New Jersey now. He did okay. He just needs a little more practice." Natasha looked over to Steve. Steve blushed slightly. I became confused. What?

~

We got out of the truck. I looked around at the old base. I raised an eyebrow. Not exactly the place I imagined.

"The file came from these coordinates." Natasha put her small phone away, having a hard time believing they did.

"So did I." Steve told as we looked up at the worn out sign.

Camp Lehigh
U.S Army Restricted Area.

Blue mist came from my hands and I pushed the gate down. It fell to the ground, giving us a place to walk. We walked through the camp. Natasha pulled her phone back out, looking for any possible signal to where the file came from. Steve just looked around the old base. I could see memories flash in his mind. I pursued my lips. I can't imagine being here after so long, and seeing it be so empty. It getting dark wasn't help.

"This camp is where I was trained." Steve stated. Natasha didn't look at him as she spoke back.

"Change much?" She continued on. Steve stopped. He looked up to a old flag post.

"A little." His voice sounded distant. I frowned at his expression. He looked off in the distance. There was a slight longing look in his eyes. I looked up to Natasha as she looked confused. She looked around again.

"This is a dead end. Zero heat signatures, zero waves, not even a radio. Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off." Natasha and I looked at Steve. His eyes stopped at something in the distance. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "What is it?"

He started walking quickly towards that same direction. Natasha and I looked at each other before chasing after him.

"Army regulations forbid storing munitions within 500 yards of the barracks. This buildings in the wrong place." Steve explained. You learn something new everyday. Steve held his shield tightly as he winded his arm back and quickly hit the lock, breaking it. We walked down the dust covered cement steps. I notice a switch a few feet away. I walked over and flipped it. The room was lit up with dim lights.

"This is S.H.I.E.L.D." Natasha spoke up first. I notice the old S.H.I.E.L.D logo on the wall.

"Maybe where it started." Steve replied. We walked farther into the facility. Desks, file cabinets, old papers, and chairs. I shuddered as I notice a large spider. I followed the two into a door, Steve leading. Books shelves and more desks were on the other side. Our footsteps echoed. I looked up at some old pictures.