Chapter 42: Asgard

Thor has taken me on a little tour of Asgard. We are in the village now. People recognize Thor. They came up to say hi to the Prince. Thor was talking to a old man about something the man has had trouble with. I notice a little girl slowly creep up to a good market. The marketer was distracted as she grabbed two little breads. She ran away to the side of a house. She handed the bread to a woman and boy. I frowned. They looked so hungry. The little girl ran back to the market and tried to grab on for herself, but she was grabbed by the marketer. He yelled in her face. I ran up.

"Wait! She's with me!" I exclaimed as I grabbed the girl from him. He glared at me. He noticed my clothing.

"Midgardian, of course. I heard they didn't have respect for others things." The Asgardian sneered at me. He glared at the girl. She coward behind me, still holding the bread. "Give me back the bread you-!"

"Hey! She's just a child! She's just trying to get food that's all." I defended. He scoffed. A small crowd surrounded. Oh great.

"By stealing? She is a street rat. She needs to learn her lesson." He went to grab her. I felt my eyes glow. He backed away, eyes wide with fear. Gasps from around us.

"Leave her alone..." I growled. "I'll pay for it, just let her go." He tried to got a hold of  himself.

"I-I-," He was caught off by a loud voice.

"Lady Hope! What is going on!?" Thor jogged up to us. The marketer's eyes widened even more at the sight of Thor.

"Y-you know this woman?" The marketer, Ernest, questioned hesitantly. Thor nodded.

"This is my dear friend Lady Hope, from Midgard. I come to show her the village. She is actually one of my fellow... warriors." He told Ernest. He was going to say fellow Avengers. I turned to the little girl and kneeled down.

"You can go." I smiled at her. She looked scared. "Can I tell you a secret before you go?" She nodded hesitantly. She leaned her ear in. "Next time, wait till you know they are distracted, or maybe that little boy with you could distract." I whispered.

She giggled and nodded. I placed my finger on my lips, giving the 'sh' sign. She did the same.

"Thank you..." She smiled and ran away with the bread. Ernest didn't say anything as he watched the little girl run away.

"Is there any trouble here?" Thor Asked the people. They looked over to Ernest and me. Thor gave me a look.

"What!? I didn't do any-!" I looked at the man. He knew he was going to be shown some rude stares after this, and embarrassment is not fun. This is the future King of Asgard and his first encounter is an embarrassing one. But he was mean to the girl. I know it's not good to steal, but I would too in her situation. I sighed. "Okay, so maybe I bumped into this man. I was too busy looking around. He's mad I made him drop his apples." I pointed to the ground behind the man. There sat a box with a bunch of Apples scattered everywhere.

"Mm..." Thor raised an eyebrows at me. He doesn't believe me. "I did not see that. I'm sorry about my friend, she can get quite excited easily, especially only a young lady." I glared at Thor.

"I'm 19!" I glared at him. Thor chuckled at me.

"And I'm almost 1500 years old, and I'm still young." Thor remarked with a smirk. I scoffed, but it was true. To Thor, I'm a baby. Ernest stared at me with shock.

"I'm terrible sorry, Ernest. I wasn't watching where I was going and I should be more careful. I hope you could forgive a poor girl." I gave him a look, but played it as an sincere look. "Here, I'll pick it up for you." I walked behind him and picked up all the apples and placed the box on his table.