Chapter 6

No one's POV

Khushi rushes with Lavanya into the office and is shocked to see the office decorated as if today is a special day. Suddenly, people come out of their hiding places and start singing happy birthday. Khushi and Lavanya's worries vanish and smiles pop up on their faces.

Khushi (smiling) - Thank you, everyone... but how did you know?

A person behind Khushi smiles seeing her so confused.

Guy (smiling) - I told them...

Khushi immediately turns around and her smile brightens, even more, seeing the guy.

Khushi (smiling) - James...

She rushes up and hugs him while the guy hugs her back.

Khushi (smiling) - I can't believe you came back... I thought...

James (smiling) - You thought that I would be in Paris on your birthday... well, my cutie pie... that's not going to happen... I convinced the boss to let me come back as it's your birthday...

Khushi (smiling) - The boss doesn't require a lot of convincing from you after all he is your father-in-law...

James (annoyed) - Why Khushi? Why did you have to say that? Do you know how good it sounds when I say I managed to convince my boss? And plus, why do you keep reminding me that I am married?

Khushi (smiling) - Because you should never forget that you have a wonderful wife waiting for you at home...

Meanwhile, Lavanya leaves the office silently and answers someone's call.

On-Call

Lavanya - Hello...

Person - Have you done my work?

Lavanya (sweating) - I will do it sir, but you have to do my work as well...

Person (smirking) - Oh come on Lavanyaji... if you don't do my work then how can I do yours? You have told me since 4 months that you will do it... if you don't do it this time then you will have to bear the consequences...

Lavanya (sweating) - I will try my best sir...

Lavanya rushes inside and is surprised to see her boss outside his cabin, staring at James & Khushi. Lavanya immediately goes towards her boss and says something that makes the boss smile. He goes towards the party and makes an announcement.

Boss (smiling) - Today is a very special day for our employees as it is not only her birthday but she is getting a transfer.

Khushi (shocked) - What?

Boss (smiling) - Congratulations Khushi, both you and Lavanya are going to India to our Delhi branch... where you will work as an assistant for one of our employees... while Lavanya will be the receptionist there... you both will be leaving tomorrow... So please start packing ... one more thing, you may bring your son with you Khushi...and Lavanya you can bring your husband... The company will cover all your costs for the hotel and flight... but you need to find yourself a house in Delhi within 3 months... also, you have the rest of the day off to pack... happy birthday Khushi and congratulations...

The boss leaves the room before Khushi could say anything while Lavanya looks at Khushi helplessly.

Lavanya (worried) - Khushi, it's no big deal... Nk and I are also coming with you...

Khushi (smiling) - It's fine Lavanyaji... I need to stand up to my past anyway, I will not let them ruin my future... I am not at all nervous seeing them as I have realised the meaning of family and the meaning of a husband...

Lavanya smiles at Khushi and they both head to the mall to shop for clothes.

In Singhania's house

Naitik (angry) - What? She has to go back to India... no way... I am not letting her

Akshara (worried) - Calm down Naitik... she has changed now... she will not let someone hurt her... and Lavanya and Nk are also going with her...

Naitik (angry) - I am booking our flight Akshara to India...

Raj & Gayatri (upset) - NO!

Naitik & Akshara turns towards Raj & Gayatri and looks at them with a worried expression.

Raj (worried) - Naitik, Khushi is not a 5-year-old... she is a grown-up lady with a 2-year-old son... please don't treat her as if she is 5... she needs to fight her own battles now...

Naitik (upset) - but...

Gayatri (upset) - Your father is right Naitik, Khushi is a strong lady... she can support herself...

Naitik leaves the room in an angry mode while Akshara follows him and tries to convince him to let Khushi deal with her problems herself.

Who was Lavanya talking to?

What did she tell the boss?

Precap - ASR's Life 

Next Update: Monday (will be longer)