Chapter 26

Lavanya's POV

Next Day

I stare at my packed luggage, with a little bit of regret, I am falling for NK... or I have already fallen for him. No, Lavanya. You have lived enough for people, now it is time to live for yourself, not for anyone else. You have already done that for half of your life. I carry my bag half-heartedly downstairs. I get super surprised to see Nk waiting downstairs for me as despite being married, both Nk and I have different rooms in this hotel, and therefore, I was going to leave without letting him know.

NK (upset) - How can you think of doing that Lavanya? We just started our relationship based on friendship and you are already thinking of betraying this friendship... I know I have hurt you a lot... but, this would be the worst punishment...

Me (upset) - look Nk, I am struggling with my life currently, I have finally decided to be selfish and choose my career but if I continue to see you and hang with you... I will fall for you... which would prevent me from reaching my goals... it's not every day I get this opportunity... I just thought that I will fall weak if I see you for the last time...

Nk (upset) - this is not last time Lavanya... I am coming with you... I know some people there... and I am sure with the skills I have got in Australia and in India, I will be able to get a job...

Me (upset) - But you just got your dream job here... you don't need to come...

Nk (smiling) - Nonsense, I will go wherever my wifey goes... I will not leave you my Kadawt...

I blush hearing him calling me wifey, but then I get confused hearing the last word.

Me (confused) - Kadawt?

Nk smiles inwardly and blushes.

Nk (smiling) - I will tell you at the right time, for now... let's put our luggage in the car...

Me (smiling) - Thank you so much NK... you don't know how much this means to me... but how did you get to know about my ticket?

Nk (smiling) - don't ever thank me for this Lavnaya, this is my duty... and also, I read your ticket details last time... and I nearly forgot about it until Aman called me and explained everything to me... what he made you do? And when your flight is... trust me Lavanya, I was mad because of what he was making Khushiji through... but I was more upset, finding out that you are leaving me today... I decided to come with you... since Khushiji has a lot of people to help her... so she wouldn't need me... and my wifey... she only has me... so why would I leave her?

I smile genuinely hearing his statement. For once, he chooses me over Khushi.

A month Later at RM

No one's POV

Everyone is rushing around the house, trying to make sure everything is perfect. Raizada Mansion is looking like a new bride and this is all done under the instructions of Arnav Singh Raizada after he found out that it is his super son, Aryan's birthday.

Arnav (angry) - What the... these colours don't match... how many times...

As Arnav is about to continue to shout, seeing a figure walking in, he went quiet.