Chapter 8

No one's POV

In Singhania house

Khushi and Lavanya arrive in the house with shopping bags in their hands.

Khushi (smiling) - I am so tired...

Lavanya laughs at her comment and goes to sit on the sofa when Nk stops her.

Nk (worried) - Can I talk to you?

Lavanya nods and they both head inside to talk while Khushi goes to play with her baby. She peeks into Aryan's room to see him drawing something on paper. As she goes closer quietly, she sees Aryan's drawing of a family. She could see that Aryan has drawn his mother and him... he has also drawn a guy wearing a suit. Khushi could see that Aryan wants a father... but she can't... she doesn't want to become weak again...

Khushi (fake smiling) - Aryan...

Aryan immediately turns around and goes to hug Khushi while trying to hide his drawing.

Khushi (fake smiling) - What are you hiding Aryan?

Aryan (upset) - Mummy... sorry...

Aryan shows his drawing to Khushi with a scarred face and in return, Khushi fake smiles at Aryan.

Khushi (fake smiling) - Aryan... don't you like your mummy? Don't you like your Nana & nanis?

Aryan (upset) - I don't like you mumma... I don't like nana and nanis... I love them... I love you, mummy...

Khushi (upset) - If you want a father then you will have to leave your mumma...

Aryan (upset) - No mumma... don't leave me...

Khushi (crying) - Maybe later you will have a father Aryan... for now... this mumma of yours is your mum and papa...

Aryan (smiling) - I love you mumma...

Khushi hugs Aryan emotionally while Aryan hugs back his mum with a smile.

Khushi's POV

I am so sorry Aryan ... I can't give you a dad as I am not ready to move on... but I promise you that I will give you the love that you deserve.

Dad - Khushi! Aryan!

Aryan immediately lets go of me and goes towards his grandfather who is behind me. I guess he has seen everything that happened before because he has some sort of sympathy for me. I smile at dad and leave to see Nanheji. I knock on their room and they immediately open the door. I could see that Lavanayji looked really upset while Nanheji looked very angry. I bet this is because of me, I shouldn't let Nanheji & Lavanya fight for me, they have only been married for four months. I can't let that happen.

Me (smiling) - You know Nanheji I am really happy that I am going to India... I will finally meet Amma, Bauji, Buaji Jiji and jiju.

Nanheji (upset) - Stop faking it Khushiji... I know you aren't happy...

Me (annoyed) - For how long will you protect me Nanheji? I don't need everyone to be so protective of me... I heard about the argument between dad and mum... I can't let this keep happening Nanheji... I am not 5... I am the mother of a 2-year-old son... I can handle things... I am no longer the Khushi Kumari Gupta who would be selfless...I am the Khushi Kumari Gupta that will not tolerate any violence... and stop blaming Lavanyaji for the problems... she isn't the cause...

Lavanyaji (upset) - It's fine chamk... I mean Khushi

Me (curious) - Why aren't you calling me chamkili? I liked that name better