Chapter 31

As everyone starts to disperse, Anjali receives a private call and she goes aside to answer it.

On-call

Anjali - Hello...

Person - Anjali... it's me... Aman...

Anjali (excited) - Amanji...

Aman (annoyed) - I have sent the divorce papers... and it will be there in a few days... Please sign it so we can be free of this unwanted divorce...

Anjali (shocked and tears coming from her eyes) - Amanji... what are you saying? I love you... please don't do this to me...

Aman (annoyed) - You ruined my sister's life Anjali... Khushiji was like a sister to me... you are one of the reasons for her destroyed marriage life... I can't marry such a selfish lady... who knows... You might separate me from my son and mother...

Anjali (crying) - No... Amanji... I have realised my mistake... I have changed... I promise...

Aman (annoyed) - I am sorry Anjali but once trust is broken, it takes a long time to mend... I am not going to let anyone hurt me or my family... sign the papers and free yourself and me from this caged relationship...

Aman hangs up the phone leaving a shocked and upset Anjali.

Anjali's POV

This is all my fault. I am the reason behind my failed relationship. Should I tell Choote? No! He already has many issues already, I am not going to trouble him anymore. I need to prove to Amanji I have changed and that is by becoming independent. No more living under Choote's shelter... no more using Choote's money... I will move away using my first salary... rent a small house... and start living there... then once I save up enough money... I will go to Amanji... yes... no more crying Anjali... you are strong... you are independent...

No One's POV

Mary (worried) - I am sure but who was she?

Khushi (upset) - Not a relevant person... I am sorry but actually we, especially Arnav and Anjali both don't feel comfortable talking about that person...

Isabella (annoyed) - Well, we don't want to be involved in your personal affairs... However, this kind of environment is not good for Aryan, it's good that Mr Raizada made sure Aryan left the room before he shouted at the lady... just remember Mr and Mrs Raizada, one small mistake from you both... can lead to Aryan being taken permanently from you...

With the grumpy face, Isabella leaves the room while Mary follows her. A dejected Khushi finally breaks down and cries.

Arnav (upset) - Khu...

Khushi (angry) - don't you dare you utter my name from your disgusting tongue? I am tired... tired of having you treat me like a tissue paper... all you do is treat me like trash... my life used to be wonderful... amazing... before a monster entered in it... you know my mum used to tell me to stop being so selfless... and the funny thing is... even before she died... her last words to me was to live a happy life without being so selfless... and like an idiot... I ignored her words and sacrificed all my happiness... ALWAYS! Since, young... I used to see Jiji get more love and attention than me... I used to see Amma showering her with so much attention... and love... I don't blame them... after all Jiji was their one and only child... however, I felt jealous... but never complained... I hoped that my dream partner would shower me with that much love... but I didn't know my dream partner... was a Rakshas (Monster)... you forced me into a marriage without even bothering to check if your jijaji (brother-in-law)... was telling the truth... What was my fault that your Jijaji was cheating on your sister? I didn't even know he was married...However, you having a disgusting thought didn't bother to find the truth... after all, everyone can be right... accept the girl you claim to love... even after all that drama, I forgive you... but then what did you do? You claimed me as the biggest mistake of your life... after your sister tries to do suicide... even when I wasn't even at fault for that... how is it my fault that your sister can't accept the cruel reality? I forgave you again... like an idiot...thinking you will change... I married you again, in order to move on from the past... you know what hurts me Arnav... we were marrying again, but you didn't open your mouth to tell the adults the truth behind our first marriage... to tell them that you forced me into a contract marriage because of a misunderstanding... I still forgave you and moved on... why? Because I am an idiot...but then again, due to you and your di... my life became destroyed... if only you showed trust in me... then we wouldn't be at this stage. I agree I did a mistake by doing the DNA test but that doesn't mean you ignore me and it doesn't give you the right to treat me like trash... I forgave you when you showed mistrust on me during the Shyam's fiasco then why couldn't you do the same? I am done... Arnav... don't think you will be able to enter my life... again! As after this investigation... I AM LEAVING... leaving forever... I have seen to what extent you can go in your anger... for crying out loud... you married again, knowing I am still alive... I don't care if a marriage is real or fake... as a marriage is a sacred bond... that you keep making fun of... I regret loving a Shaitan like you... I wish... (crying)... we... never met. My son... he is my only source of happiness... He is the only selfless soul... everyone in this room... are all selfish... they all want me for one or other reason... No one cares about my happiness... Did anyone in this room... bother to ask me what I want? No! I clearly told you (looks at Arnav)... that I don't want you in my life... however, you don't stop trying... do you? Let me tell you this honestly if you didn't marry Sheetal if you didn't believe those photos... then I would have come back to you... but... marriage... was a big step that you took in your revenge... now ONLY time can heal our relationship... I am taking the next plane back to Australia, with my Aryan... I will talk to the orphanage people myself... I have already kept the divorce papers... on the table Arnav...

Khushi leaves the room, leaving a shocked family behind. The Guptas looked down for not being able to see the pain behind the always smiling Khushi. Not able to look at Khushi anymore, they leave the place while crying. Payal who witnessed the entire scene started crying and Akash goes to her for support but Payal pushes him away.

Payal (angry) - Enough Mr Raizada, I needed a man in my life that can stand up for me... that trusts me... but you... I don't even want to see your face right now... I am done, sitting like a doormat for this family... I will be selfish now... just like Khushi... I will choose my happiness now... and that's currently not you Akash... you have given me more pain than anyone in my life have... in a short time, I have realised we are not meant to be Akash... so please respect my decision... and get divorced...

Payal leaves to Khushi's room, crying while Akash looks on dejected.

Mami (upset) - Khushi bitiya is right... let her be free... her buaji (aunt)... calls her titaliya (butterfly)... and butterflies... deserve to be free... as for Payal bitiya (turning towards Akash with anger)... if you give up on her so easily... then I will forget that you are my son... Yes, she is angry... give her time... and leave her for a few days or months... but once her anger cools down... try to get my bahu back... if you want... we can move out... so she doesn't have to look after us...

Mami leaves also with tears, while Mama follows her trying his hardest to control his tears.

Anjali walks in with her luggage and goes towards Akash and Arnav.

Anjali (upset) - I may not be the best example for you both... but, please... at least learn to show trust and faith in your wives... try to earn them back... but Arnav... we don't deserve Khushiji... she deserves to live by her name... and being with us... is only giving her tears... I have learnt from my mistake... I will also be independent like Khushiji... I am leaving this house forever... I will fight the cruel world by myself... I don't need anyone's sympathy or support... so please don't try to help me... and please don't tell Aman... about my decision as he might feel I am faking all this... I am sorry (folds her hands)... for everything I have done... I would apologise to Khushi... but apologising is easy... I need to show her that I have changed and the best way to do that is to become independent... please take care of both of you... and bring my bhabhis back... if you can... don't force them... Bye...

Anjali leaves sniffing away from the mansion, leaving two broken boys alone in the room.

So how is the story so far?

Note: The story will end in the next part, I really enjoyed writing this story, so please do tell me what you think of the story as your opinions matter a lot to me. Don't forget to vote on the story as well.

Will Arshi and Payash unite?

Precap - Time leap...