Chapter 10

ASR's POV

Recap - Arnav goes into flashback mode remembering the day Khushi left him for Nk and the day when Payal left the house.

Seeing di staring at me and Sheetal... I let Sheetal sit at the front and we drive off but as soon as we get out of di's site I stare at Sheetal with anger clearly visible.

Me (angry) - This is Khushi's spot... my wife...

Sheetal (annoyed) - ASR, Khushi has left you for Nk... the sooner you realise this the better... I am now your wife... you yourself put this mangalsutra (points to her mangalsutra) and sindoor (points to her maang)...

Me (annoyed) - what the... Just shut up... yes, I married you... but I was forced to and you know that already as I told you on our marriage night as well as on our engagement day... don't try to take my Khushi's position as no one can take it... (calming down), I will not be able to give you the right that belongs to Khushi... and I am sorry for that...

Sheetal (upset) - I understand ASR... but Khushi isn't ever going to come back to you... di and I are trying to make you understand this... and the way you behaved with di today...

Me (calm) - Look Sheetal, you are getting me really annoyed... (angry) get out of the car and come using another car as I am not going to tolerate someone teaching me how to behave with MY family members... and don't try to control me as the only person who could do that... has left me...

Sheetal gulps seeing my anger and gets down while I drive past her. I am not going to have anyone tell me what to do. I head inside my office ignoring all the good morning wishes and the looks of sympathy and fear for me. They feel sympathetic for me... the great Arnav Singh Raizada... as my wife... Khushi left me... for my cousin... I hate the sympathetic look people give me... I don't deserve this... the great ASR doesn't deserve this... I love you Khushi but what you did to me... I will never forgive you... NEVER. I walk into my cabin which has obviously got a photo of Khushi but I couldn't stop myself from admiring those photos.

 I walk into my cabin which has obviously got a photo of Khushi but I couldn't stop myself from admiring those photos

The first is our wedding day photo. She looks really pretty in this photo and I couldn't stop myself from framing it. After getting our wedding photos and films, I immediately framed the once I liked. Some of them are in my room while the others are in my office. Whenever I look at this photo, I feel that our marriage wasn't a compromise that she had to do... I felt as if it was a real marriage and then she was genuinely happy. I guess I was wrong because if she was happy then she wouldn't have cheated me for Nk.

 I guess I was wrong because if she was happy then she wouldn't have cheated me for Nk

The next photo is our sangeet photo. We both look so cute together in this photo, in fact, Khushi was the one who told me to frame it. We were finally going to get married not because I forced her or because she had to save her sister but because she loved me. At least, that's what I thought until I saw photos of her in a wedding attire looking really happy.

 At least, that's what I thought until I saw photos of her in a wedding attire looking really happy

I take out the photo that is in my cupboard and stare at it with anger. This photo angers me a lot, I don't even know if they were married before I met Khushi or if they married behind my back. At first, I refused to believe these but then someone sent me a parcel which contained the marriage certificate of Nk & Khushi. How can I refuse to believe that? I hate the fact that I was too blind to see their relationship as more than friends.

Knock! Knock!

My brain gets out of my thinking mode, as I respond to the knock. Aman comes in with a few files and is about to leave when I stop him.

Me - you left my sister...

Aman - No sir, I didn't leave her... I only told her that my mother needs me more than her. She didn't understand the value of a mother and therefore, I left her...

Me (smiling) - You did the right thing...

Aman turns around and looks at me shocked, I bet he thought I would be angry but I guess it's his lucky day.

Me (smiling) - I would choose my mother over some girl as well... and I am saying this as a son and not as someone's brother...

Aman (mocking me) - sir, you would choose your sister over your own wife as well... basically, you would choose anyone over Khushi bhabhi... as you never thought of her as a family member... your first priority would always be your Raizada family... never my Khushi bhabhi... when it was finally time for you to show her some priority... and trust... what did you do? You married again...

Aman leaves with anger, while I look at him shocked. Even Though, I hear him taunting me all the time after Khushi left... but... this is too much, he is blaming me... for being the reason behind my failed marriage... somewhere, my heart... claims that Khushi is innocent and it cries every day... due to my choice of marrying her... but my brain overcomes my heart.

I look at the files that Aman gave me and I am shocked to see that I have a business meeting tomorrow. What the... why did no one tell me this?

I angrily dial Aman's number and as soon as he picks up I order him to come inside. Aman rushes inside.

Me (angry) - What is this? (pointing to the file)

Aman (mocking me) - File... I guess you have become blind after your second marriage... we have a meeting tomorrow with the company and ASR this is a big company, we cannot lose these clients...

Me (angry) - Why didn't I get to know about this a week earlier?

Aman (annoyed) - Because you were not in the country... you went on honeymoon with your so-called wife...

Aman leaves with an annoyed expression while I look through the files to know how best to impress those clients.

Precap - Someone fumes with anger seeing Khushi and Nk together

Next Update: Thursday

Thank you so many guys, for your votes and comments. Please do continue to vote and comment, they mean a lot to me.