Chapter 14

Khushi's POV

I stare at Nanheji as he gives me the good news regarding his work, and I give him a friendly hug feeling proud of him.

Me (smiling) - Oh my god, Nanheji... can't believe that you got into your dream job... so proud of you...

I give a nudge to Lavanyaji to congratulate him and hug him but all she does is smile and congratulate him... why do I feel the smile is fake? We soon headed off to pick up Aryan from his childcare, Nanheji opens the front door and I happily move to give Lavanyaji room so she can sit in the front and I sit at the back, as soon as I sit in my seat, I start getting a bad feeling in my heart as if someone close to me is in trouble. Oh gosh, I hope Aryan is fine.

Me (scared) - Nanheji... take me to Aryan right now...

Without questioning me, he drives the car fast while the feeling in my heart keeps on increasing. Oh god, please make sure my Aryan is ok... As soon as I arrive at the daycare, I rush into the receptionist.

Me (worried) - Where is Aryan?

Receptionist (annoyed) - I don't know... go look for him in whatever room you put him in...

Me (angry) - Listen ms whoever you are... if you don't find out where my son is within 1 minute... then you will lose this job and I will make sure that no one hires you anywhere else... you have no idea what I am capable of... now tell me where my son is... or...

The receptionist gulps in fear and then types something on the laptop to figure out where Aryan is.

Receptionist (scared) - Room 2... one to the left...

Me (angry) - You better watch your tongue next time or it won't be good...

I leave with a huff to room two and as soon as I entered, I see the room messy and the worker is on her phone. Why did I decide such a bad place to put my son in? I should have done research before coming to India...

Me (angry) - Excuse me...

The lady looks up at me and gulps seeing my eyes. You have no idea what will happen to you if I don't find my son young lady.

Me (angry) - Aryan... where is he?

Lady (scared) - We... I... los...lost him

Me (angry) - What do you mean you lost him? Is he some toy? What kind of daycare is this?

Lady (scared) - We... I mean I... took the children out for a walk... and he ran away from me... I already had too many kids... and if I ran after your son then... I would have lost all the children I took him with... so I asked my friend to go behind him... she in room 3... the next room...

Me (angry) - I am calling the police and filing a case against you... and your stupid daycare... I trusted you with my son... and YOU... if I don't find my son then I will make your life a living hell...

I leave the room angrily to go to room 3 when I see the lady already waiting for me.

Lady (upset) - I know where your son is... I followed him until he got to the road... I lost track of him but then I saw him going into a car with some guy... I have a number plate... I thought the guy was his dad so I didn't do anything...

Me (angry and annoyed) - What the... how can you just assume things? Did I tell you whether my son has a dad or not? Did I tell you to let him go with some random stranger? Give me the number plate...

She passes me a number and I immediately call the police filing a case against this daycare and telling them about the number plate and my son. I leave the daycare and rush inside the car where Nanheji and Lavanyaji look at me feeling sorry.

Lavanyaji (upset) - It's ok Khushi... we will find him... now that you have the number plate... we can track the car...

Nanheji (worried) - Yes Khushiji... don't lose hope... I have never seen you so angry ever in my life... how did this change occur?

Me (upset) - The sweet innocent Khushi has realised that in order to get something you must show some authority... if I continue to be innocent then people will take advantage of my goodness and will again take me for granted... I don't want my heart broken again... so I am shielding it from people ... also... I showed my anger for the first time today as this was about my son... I won't let someone hurt my son... and this isn't Khushi speaking... this is the mother of Aryan speaking... I will not let those daycare workers live in peace... until I find my son...

Lavanyaji (passing me water and smiling) - I am proud of you Khushi... I wanted you to stand up like this... I feel my work is done...

Me (confused) - Work?

Before Lavanayaji could answer me, I get a text message from the police officer regarding the owner of the car... and it's none other than ASR... he must be in RM...

Me (annoyed) - Nanheji... I think you guys should go back to the hotel... I want to deal with these people myself...

Nanheji (worried) - No Khushiji... we want to help you...

Me (upset) - You just got your dream job Nanheji... celebrate it by taking Lavanyaji out... I want to deal with this myself...

Lavanyaji (upset) - No Khushi... we aren't leaving you like this... if you don't want Nk to come then I will join you...

Nanheji (upset) - Why don't you want me to join you Khushiji?

Me (upset) - They think we are a couple, Nanheji which isn't true... and if I bring you with me then their suspicious would turn out to be true... even if Lavanyaji comes and says she is your wife... no one will believe us... please try to understand the situation Nanheji... I don't want more misunderstandings...

Lavanyaji (upset) - It's ok Khushi... we understand... Nk... why don't...

Nanheji (annoyed) - I am going to the hotel... take the car...

He leaves without understanding my point of view while Lavanaji gulps seeing this. What happened to my innocent friend? Lavanyaji takes the driver's seat while I sit beside her and we head off the Raizada mansion.

Arnav's POV

I remember how mum used to put Nk to sleep when he used to come over, and I follow her instructions. I make Aryan lay on my lap, and then I start petting him and also singing my mum's favourite lullaby. It's a really old song that she sang to make me and Nk sleep but her voice, it was so amazing and the goodnight kiss she gave me when she thought I slept... I miss you, mum... I wipe those tears coming out of my eyes, and Aryan soon falls asleep. Such a cute boy, I carefully make him sit on the front seat and after making sure he is comfortable and safe, I drive towards my house. Throughout the journey, I could hear him lightly snoring, so cute... he is so similar to Khushi, she also used to snore like this and he is so innocent like my Khushi... I miss her ... but now she is with someone else... wait, Aryan... that's the child's name... even Khushi said that someone named Aryan means the world to her... I need to find out all about that Aryan...

Khushi's POV

This house hasn't changed a bit and looking at it makes me remember my life in this house... the good and bad days of my life... my romantic moments with my ex-husband... Oh god, I should stop. As soon as the car stops, I rush in followed by Lavanyaji to the entrance. I knock on the door and as always HPji opens it. He looks so tired and worn out, I feel so sorry for him... these Raizadas!

Hpji (smiling brightly) - Khushiji! Lavanyaji!

He moves so we could come in and we smile in return. I rush in fearing my Aryan but when I come in I am greeted by three ladies, one doing her makupwa, the other two are watching TV.

Anjali (upset) - Look at the way that girl is treating her bhabhi... how can she force her to cook and clean in the house like that? Why isn't she helping her bhabhi? This girl is so bad... how can she think of separating her bhabhi and bhai?

Precap - Arnav misunderstands Khushi

Next Update: Monday