Chapter 25

Khushi's POV

How can he claim that I am his? After he was the broke the relationship in the first place, I don't want to waste a perfectly good day for that guy.

Me (annoyed) You broke that family, by marrying another woman... and bringing her in this relationship... no woman wants a third person to enter their lives... Come Aryan... I want to show you the garden...

I take my son out to play in the garden, and there I started to play games with him. Just spending some time with him makes me smile and lively. Suddenly, I get a phone call which grabs my attention.

Me (smiling) - Wait, baby...

On-Call

Me - Hello...

Boss - Hello Khushi, return to Australia as soon as you can... I have realised we have lost a valuable employee... due to my overprotective nature towards my daughter...

Me (confused) - I am confused, sir...

Boss - Actually, seeing your bond with my son-in-law I feared for my daughter's marriage and therefore, Lavanya helped me... she was the one that gave me the idea to send you back to Delhi... but, thanks to my daughter, I have realised that I was wrong... you can come back to Australia when you feel like it and the business will cover all costs.

What? Lavanyaji planned our trip to Delhi... but why? She knew why I didn't want to go... then why did she plan this trip? Did she want Arnav and I to reunite? No! She yelled at him, she wouldn't want that... then why? I will have to find out.

Me - Actually, sir... I still have some overdue work left here... so I can't come back right now... but I will surely call you when I want to come back. Thank you so much for the opportunity.

The call ends, and I again start playing with Aryan to distract myself from the issue. I need to spend some time away from stress, for the time being, otherwise, my mental health would turn bad.

After an hour ~ No One's POV

Arnav comes outside to the garden, to see a lively Khushi... the same Khushi that he fell for... and the same Khushi who went through so much heartbreak. Sheetal comes rushing towards Arnav, to make sure he doesn't leave her but the scene in front of her makes her head boil, I need to get rid of that Khushi. She rushes inside to dial someone's number, however, before she could, she gets a message that her phone has run out of credit. She rushes outside and pushes Khushi and as she is about to fall, Arnav catches her. Sheetal fumes seeing their eye lock, while the little Aryan smiles and starts clapping bringing both Arnav and Khushi out of their eye lock. Arnav is about to shout at Sheetal but Khushi takes the lead.

Khushi (annoyed) - Are you blind?

Arnav (angry) - Sheetal!

Sheetal (angry) - what happened to the credit on my phone? How did it suddenly become empty?

Arnav stares at her confused, as far as he knew, he made sure that Sheetal had enough credit, then how did it go empty?

Khushi (smirking) - servants don't need so much credit... so I cut down your allowance and used it for the betterment...

Sheetal (shocked) - What? You...

She is about to hit her but one look from Arnav and one death glare from Khushi makes her gulp and she is about to leave the scene when Khushi stops her.

Khushi (smirking) - from now on, you can't leave the house after 8 pm... you are under house arrest... and if you don't want to be under house arrest then you are more then welcome to leave my house...