Chapter 27

No one's POV

By the time Arnav comes back, the party has already started with Aryan's new friends joining him as well as the Raizadas and the Guptas enjoying themselves, however, upon seeing Arnav the smiles turned into frowns, except for Aryan's who smiles wider seeing him. Arnav watches the frown, feeling miserable, however seeing Aryan smiling he smiles. Not wanting to ruin the atmosphere, he immediately goes upstairs. There was a time when seeing Arnav, his family would smile but now he has caused nothing but pain to them.

Aryan (upset) - mumma, where did superman go?

Khushi (fake smiling) - We don't need superman, Aryan... you have mumma... and nana...

Aryan (upset) - but, mumma... superman...

Khushi looks at Aryan's sad face, and she could immediately tell that Aryan is about to cry. How can she let her son cry on his birthday? She is about to leave to get Arnav when a special family comes. Aryan immediately leaves Khushi and rushes towards the family.

Aryan (smiling) - Nana... nani...

Both Akshara and Naitik smile, while Naitik lift their little champ up

Akshara (pecking him) - how are you my Aryan?

Aryan (smiling) - I am fine, nani... how are you?

Akshara takes Aryan from Naitik and starts talking to him, while Naitik goes towards Khushi.

Khushi (smiling) - papa... (goes to take blessings)...

Khushi takes blessings from Naitik and then hugs him. They might have not known each other for long, or hold any blood relationship but the bond that they formed during a short time, is something unbreakable.

Khushi (surprised) - papa... how? When?

Naitik (smiling) - slow down, my pari... actually, I got a call a few days ago... from... Arnav... (Khushi is shocked)... he told us about your plan to celebrate Aryan's birthday and he told us to come... apparently, Aryan asked his superman... for his grandparents to be there on his birthday... and that's why he called us... he also promised us, that if we came... he will not join the party or ruin the family moment...and that's why we came... mum and dad, unfortunately, couldn't come... as dad hasn't been feeling well for a few days now...

Khushi (worried) - what happened to dadaji? And why did you come papa? Dadaji should be main priority...

Naitik (smiling) - Princess, we had to come... your dadaji is fine... it's just because he has become old... and he was the one who forced us to come...

Khushi (worried) - still papa, you shouldn't have come... he needs you...

Naitik (smiling) - he has mum... and they were really worried about you... can't I come to visit you? Is it because I am not your real dad?