Chapter Five

~Akane~

Since then i've felt my demonic power skyrocket but there's still something holding it all back, i bet i just need that one push just something to drive me over the edge, also since then Sesshomaru has been more affectionate with me, nothing too crazy since he's still as stoic as ever, the little things like how he walks closer to me and sometimes even holds my hand or how he let's me sleep next to him and how he always responds to even a little peck i give him.

Anyway as we were walking along Sesshomaru said he picked up the scent of a dead demon "Which way lord Sesshomaru?"Rin asked with her adorable child innocence, Sesshomaru pointed it out and Rin ran off with Jaken in tow while Sesshomaru and i walked there, it was very close by so it didn't take long for us to catch up to Jaken and Rin.

"Who on earth could have done this?"Jaken said seeing the demon was chopped to pieces "Inuyasha"Sesshomaru said as we walked out of the fog, i'm guessing he could pick up Inuyasha's scent in the air "Inuyasha did this although i doubt he was able to escape without injury"he said picking up the demon head.

I wondered why but decided not to ask as Rin was screaming "Come with me"Sesshomaru said taking the head with him, i followed as Sesshomaru told Rin to stop her screaming, she immediately did and followed after us "So why did you take the head with us?" i decided to finally ask getting it off my chest "This demons fangs broke the Tessaiga, i intend to have a sword made from them"he explained.

"Alright but how exactly are you going to get that done?"i asked since Totosai probably wouldn't do it "I'm going to ask Kaijinbo"he said, i just hummed i don't know of this Kaijinbo but somehow i got a bad feeling about this.

Anyway we reached some sort of swamp land, the area was completely dead, Sesshomaru asked Rin and i to stay behind i was more then glad to as he went further in with Jaken, time seemed to fly by though as Rin showed me some games humans of this era like to play and Sesshomaru came back rather soon this time without the head "So?"i asked "I'll have my sword in three days"Sesshomaru said.

~skip~

Three days later we went back to the dead swamp Sesshomaru asked Rin and i to stay behind again, this time we spent time by braiding each others hair and undoing those braids, he came back a while later though but no sword, he told me what Jaken had told him that Kaijinbo had completed the sword but it possed him.

Anyway with that we got on A-Un and i for one was more then glad to leave the dead swamp, so far we've spent all morning trying to find the sword or Kaijinbo, Sesshomaru hasn't had any luck tracking Kaijinbo's scent either, an entire day went by and after making camp for Rin, Sesshomaru, Jaken and i still continued looking for the sword, still no luck so we headed to the camp as night had fallen.

"Lord Sesshomaru, Akane!"Rin called glad to see us as she ran over "Stop Rin do not move" Sesshomaru told her and Rin stopped right where she was, i wondered what was up but my question was soon answered as Sesshomaru attacked something in the woods forcing that something, rather someone to show themselves.

I ran over and stood infront of Rin my maternal instincts screaming at me to protect her at all cost, the someone from the woods was a woman and i got a really bad feeling about her "I recall this scent, it is the same as the one who attempted to trap me, the one known as Naraku" Sesshomaru said, well my guard just went higher watching the woman carefully.

"So you must be Inuyasha's brother Sesshomaru, you're very clever"the woman said, i glared at her, i did not appreciate the tone she was talking to Sesshomaru with,  "I am Kagura the wind sorceress an incarnation of Naraku"she said "Incarnation?"Sesshomaru asked "Correct, Sesshomaru, the fangs you delivered to Kaijinbo to make your sword were those of a demon called Goshinki, like me he was also created from Naraku"she said.

"All very interesting"Sesshomaru said not meaning it at all "But did you search me out to simply tell me this?"he asked, Kagura opened her fan hiding her face "Can you not detect its scent?Tokijin reeks of Goshinki's aura its closer then you think"she said before flying off on a feather, i relaxed once she was out of sight and walked over to Sesshomaru.

"I don't like her"I said, Sesshomaru smirked a bit "Jealous?"he asked, i blushed "Wha-? No way, you're crazy! as if!"i said and huffed turning away from him, Sesshomaru chuckled a bit and glanced back to Rin "Rin you can move now"he said "Yes my lord"she said and moved around again, i smiled a bit watching her.

Anyway as the sun rose up on the next day we hopped on A-Un and made our way to where the sword, Tokijin, had ended up, on the way there Sesshomaru said he picked up on Inuyasha's scent and figured his younger brother had fought Kaijinbo, so as we approached the group he decided to make a show of it making A-Un summon a thunder storm cause dragons can do that.

 Sesshomaru jumped down after A-Un struck the sword with lightning while i stayed back and steered A-Un to land and watched from its back as Sesshomaru explained to Inuyasha and his group he had been the one to commission the sword, he then easily picked up the sword despite Totosai's warning of its evil aura.

I watched as Sesshomaru and Inuyasha fought leaning on A-Un, Sesshomaru managed to disarm the Tessaiga from Inuyasha and i suddenly grew a very bad feeling standing up as i watched Inuyasha continued to fight with his bare hands, Sesshomaru pushed him back though with Tokijin's power.

My bad feeling was soon confirmed as while Sesshomaru charged at Inuyasha even i could tell something changed about the half demon, i wanted to call out to Sesshomaru and stop him but thankfully Totosai made a wall of fire and Inuyasha and his friend were able to escape.

I walked over to Sesshomaru "What was that? Something changed about Inuyasha"i said, Sesshomaru glanced at me "I'm not sure how but his demon blood appeared to take control"he said putting his new sword the Tokijin on his belt "Come, let's head back"he said going over to A-Un "Alright"i said following him.