Chapter Eighteen

~Akane~

 Sesshomaru and i had left Rin in the care of Jaken and A-Un as we had gone to a hill over looking a village, the wind blew by and Sesshomaru put his hand on Tenseiga, i wonder what he was thinking about.

~skip~

As night fell the headless body of an otter demon crawled its way towards us, creepy, i looked over away from the body as Inuyasha and his friends appeared though i had smelled their approach long ago, anyway they landed and the little demons got off running over to the body.

They tried putting its head back on the body but it was too late, Sesshomaru started walking away, i was about to follow when Inuyasha called to his older brother stopping him "What are you doing around here? This is no coincidence crossing paths with you"Inuyasha said.

"Maybe it is one, you never know"i said "I don't owe you explanations"Sesshomaru said before turning to walk away but yet again he was stopped by Kagome "Wait Sesshomaru"she said "The sword you carry, Tenseiga can save a hundred lives with one stroke, please help us, use your sword to bring the boys father back"she pleaded.

"Why should i? This has nothing to do with me"Sesshomaru said continuing his way but yet again he was stopped by the little fox demon, Shippo if i remember right, "Sesshomaru please find it in your heart to help my friend"he asked "If his pop passes on Kanta will be all alone"he said "Step aside"Sesshomaru said.

"Please help my friend i'm begging you!"Shippo said kneeling down, i looked at Sesshomaru he seemed to be in deep though, he glanced back at me "You're wasting your time Shippo, Sesshomaru isn't the type to help people besides that there's the sword itself the Tenseiga isn't something a guy like him knows how to use"Inuyasha said.

I glared at him biting back a growl, sure Sesshomaru really isn't the type to help people without reason, he might actually do it just to shut you up though but besides that he does have a caring heart deep down, i just know it though he might not be willing to admit it "Precisely" Sesshomaru said walking away but again he was stopped by Tenseiga as it pulsed.

Sesshomaru turned back around drawing Tenseiga and reviving the otter demon, i smiled a bit, the otter demon then told where he had been, the other word obviously the demon said he had seen an enormous skeleton still clad in magnificent armour, that sounded like Sesshomaru's fathers remains or so Jaken has said the countless times he's complained about Inuyasha cutting off Sesshomaru's left arm.

It seemed Sesshomaru had heard enough though as he started walking away, i followed as usual "So why'd you do it?"i asked once we were further away from the group "I wonder that myself"he said "Well whatever the reason he gave us some interesting info"i said, he nodded in agreement.

~skip~
"Lord Sesshomaru where are we headed?"Jaken asked as our group was on the road again, though i had an idea where Sesshomaru was leading us this time around "Do not ask me Jaken"Sesshomaru said "Then who pray tell should i ask?"Jaken asked but Sesshomaru didn't reply.

I could smell it too, that boy Kohaku and Naraku "This is it, this time i shall kill him"Sesshomaru muttered to himself leading the way again and the rest of us followed.

That night we caught up with Kohaku, i couldn't tell exactly what was going on but i could smell Naraku very clearly before his and Kohaku's scent disappeared, i stopped next to Sesshomaru thinking about what could Naraku possibly be planning, Sesshomaru continued walking and i followed as usual.

~skip~

Sesshomaru had left with A-Un leaving Rin, Jaken and i to wait for his return, i don't know why he took the dragon he can fly on his own just fine, whatever, anyway i was keeping guard as Rin picked flowers while singing.

The wind picked up, i stepped in front of Rin as Kagura appeared, i glared at her putting my hand on my sword "Why are you here?"i asked "Where is Sesshomaru?"she asked "Like i'd tell you"i said "You worthless wench if lord Sesshomaru was here your head would be rolling on the ground by now!"Jaken yelled at her "I guess it would"she said before flying off.

I glared after her, what did she want with Sesshomaru? Probably to ask him to free her from Naraku, hmp stupid witch he told you once already do it yourself, i thought before dropping my glare but i still stood on guard as Rin started picking the flowers again.

Sesshomaru returned after a while and said we were going again and thus we followed him, after a while we came across the body of a dead demon bird that had its head cut off, the blood had drained a while ago judging by the scent.

"Seems you were too late getting here Sesshomaru"Kagura said appearing again, i glared at her again "This entry way has already opened and closed again"she said and Sesshomaru jumped over to her "The entry way to where exactly?"he asked, "To the path that leads to the boarder of this world and the next, Naraku and Inuyasha have already gone through"Kagura said.

"Form your manner of speaking it seems you know something else"Sesshomaru said, yeah she definitely isn't telling everything, i have a feeling this is a trap "I do know something else about another path in fact its dangerous though, even you might not be able to cross that path alive"Kagura said "Tell me where it is"Sesshomaru said, no demanded, "I'll show you"Kagura said before leading the way.

"I don't like this Sesshomaru it's obviously a trap"i said as we were walking to the realm of fire "I have no doubt it is but i'll gladly spring any trap if i get a chance to kill Naraku"Sesshomaru said "If you say so"i said  but i wonder why Naraku went to the boarder of this word and the next, the jewel shards! Of course, then this shard is probably the last one.