Chapter Twenty Nine

~Akane~

As we travelled a couple of foolish demons appeared thinking they could take on Sesshomaru since he was missing an arm and a weapon to fight with, it seems they forgot Sesshomaru's claws were more then enough for weaklings like them, though i knew it was only a matter of time before we'd run into a demon that was strong enough to withstand those claws and when that happened i knew it was up to me to protect everyone, even Sesshomaru.

Though i also knew his pride would insist on fighting with me, i suppose that can't be helped and i'll have to accept to go along with it now or i won't have the time for it later when we are attacked by that demon.

~skip~

~Third~

"Is something troubling you lord Sesshomaru?"Jaken asked as the lord had come to a sudden stop, Akane too had stopped getting the same scent in the air as Sesshomaru, it was Naraku, "Stand aside"Sesshomaru told the others as a creature appeared out of lightning "Another reincarnation?"Sesshomaru asked "I don't think so, something seems different about this one" Akane said drawing her sword, she wanted to tell Sesshomaru to stand back but knew that would lead to a pointless argument, so instead she focused on the creature.

The thing attacked aiming for Kohaku but the boy dodged just in time, the creature went to attack the boy again but Sesshomaru sliced off the limb it grew it back though "You're weak demon"the thing said to Sesshomaru and Akane struck it with her power slash creating a rift in the ground instead as the thing had dodged but Akane continued attacking.

Sesshomaru jumped in and stuck the thing in its stomach but instead of going through Sesshomaru got stuck, the thing went to attack but Sesshomaru jumped back in time, his arm badly injured from the creatures poison, Akane then jumped in slicing the thing in half but it struck back piercing her shoulder.

Akane groaned jumping back and held her shoulder, the poison seeping into her system, the creature laughed going to finish her off but Sesshomaru pushed her out of the way and luckily only his Mokomoko-sama got hit, Kohaku attacked the thing but it only made things worse as the thing captured him and defiled the jewel shard in his back, Sesshomaru went to get him but his arm got pierced.

Just then Inuyasha sliced off the limb as his group arrived, Sesshomaru turned to Akane as she groaned a bit, "I'll be fine"she said, Sesshomaru didn't fully believe her "Take Kohaku and leave you're in the way"he said to the others before jumping over to Inuyasha with Akane "Back off you're too badly injured you don't stand a chance right now"Inuyasha told them.

"It seems you've underestimated us"Akane said her eyes turning red and the wound on her shoulder healed as she put her sword away "I don't need protection from a half demon" Sesshomaru said his eyes turning red as well as his right arm healed, the two turned to their true forms and Sesshomaru bit of the creatures head while Akane tore up the rest of its body.

The body released a miasma and a bunch of limbs or whatever trapping Sesshomaru and Akane, the limbs or whatever wrapped around the two dog demons consuming them but they both escaped turning back to their human forms, Sesshomaru glared at Jaken "No i wasn't thinking anything i swear"the imp said which meant he had been thinking something, Akane still panted though, the wound might have healed but the poison was a persistent one even with her demonic power it was taking a while to adapt to it.

Sesshomaru and Akane went to attack but they were caught again but Inuyasha freed them and said he would use the Meido Zangetsuha, though the creature pointed out his friends were in the way, Sesshomaru and Akane gathered the body parts.

"Okay you must stay here"Sesshomaru said and went to attack the creatures true form cutting it with Tenseiga, the true form escaped and the tentical limb things blocked Sesshomaru from going further "That sword is useless against Naraku's flesh"the creature said "Then try this sword on for size, Power Slash!"Akane called slicing the tentical limb things before the two of them were pierced.

Akane coughed a bit of blood as she was pinned to Sesshomaru but the tentical that pierced them "Now i'll say it one last time, you are weak"the creature said before covering the two, Inuyasha went to try and save them but just as he was being overwhelmed a greenish light appeared from the mass of tentical limbs or whatever destroying the whole cluster.

From it Sesshomaru appeared holding an unconscious Akane in his arm, Totosai appeared and Sesshomaru realized something swinging his other arm the energy from it pierced the creature destroying the rest of it and after the fact Sesshomaru had his left arm restored and with it a new sword.

"It has finally appeared Sesshomaru, a sword that does not belong to your father, a sword of your very own Bakusaiga, Akane is a very clever one having figured it out before even you" Totosai said, Sesshomaru glanced at Akane before looking at his new sword and his restored arm "This is my new sword is it? Bakusaiga?"Sesshomaru asked looking at it as the creatures body was unable to reform, not only that pieces that were unharmed were also being affected.

"I'll admit this diversion has proven to be very surprising however as i'm only borrowing this body you've done me no harm"the creature said before Sesshomaru destroyed the rest of it but the true form had escaped.

~Akane~

I groaned coming to, i blinked a bit finding myself in Sesshomaru's hold, then i noticed it "Sesshomaru your arm and that sword, i knew you had it in you"i smiled hugging him and kissing his cheek, he smiled at me "Please show me your Bakusaiga Sesshomaru"Totosai asked and Sesshomaru let him since he said please and everything "This sword has always been a part of you Sesshomaru it was waiting for you but before you could wield it you needed to show you were worthy of it by standing on your own as a great demon"Totosai said.

"You once lost your left arm in an attempt to take Tessaiga, it was a most unfortunate event but now you have gained a new arm along with Bakusaiga a sword that is truly yours and yours alone proving that you have finally surpassed your father and that you have been released from your obsession with Tessaiga"Totosai said.