Chapter Eight

~Akane~

Today as we travelled Sesshomaru lead us to a ravine of sorts, i remember this place, this is where Sesshomaru's father Toga fought and sealed Ryokotsei, a giant dragon, it was the wounds from that battle and that incident why the great dog demon is now dead, though speaking of fathers i wonder what my father is up to, last i remember he was watching over the eastern lands.

"Hey Sesshomaru do you know what my father is doing these days?"i asked as we arrived at a cliff over looking a mountain, the very place where Ryokotsei used to be, Sesshomaru said Inuyasha was the one who destroyed the dragon for good "He's watching the eastern lands for me"Sesshomaru simply said "You can visit him if you'd like"he then added glancing at me, i thought about it.

"No, i think we'll meet again, eventually"i said, Rin gasped "This is the first you've mentioned your father Akane, tell me about him?"she asked, i giggled at her a bit and smiled "Sure, my father Shiranui, as i remember is a a great dog demon like myself and Sesshomaru and his father, i remember Sesshomaru's father and mine were friends and ruled the eastern lands together though their domains were separate"i said.

"You and i were married to unite their domains, after that they were unstoppable able to drive out many a foe who attempted to take over their lands"Sesshomaru cut in, i then went on to tell Rin about more mundane things i remembered of my father.

~skip~

We had come to a stop by a river, Rin played in the water with Jaken while Sesshomaru leaned against a tree and i leaned against him, his arm wrapped around me, its moments like these why i know Sesshomaru cares for me though come to think of it he hasn't actually said he loves me, eh it's fine, he'll say it when he wants to.

Sesshomaru seemed to notice something as he suddenly got up and walked off, i followed, further up the river i noticed the temperature drop as ice covered the river "If it isn't Toran" Sesshomaru muttered, i remember that name, those pesky panther demons were back it seemed, "It's been a long time, Sesshomaru, Akane"Toran said as she appeared from the fog "I thought you were dead"Sesshomaru said.

"That's a fine way to greet someone, this time i'm going to settle things once and for all"Toran said "We settled things a long time ago but if you insist you won't be as lucky as you were fifty years ago"Sesshomaru said "That's right, this time we'll make sure you and the rest of you mangy cats are gone for good"i added "You're still as boorish as ever, i see, and you haven't changed either Akane still hiding behind whoever is strongest, though i do agree things will be different from fifty years ago, our master is waiting for you"Toran said.

"Master?"Sesshomaru asked "Yes the one who leads the panther tribe, i realize your dear father is dead, and your father Akane is busy in other lands but our master is going to be resurrected at long last"Toran said "Resurrected? For what purpose?"Sesshomaru asked "To attack the lands in the east once again but more importantly to get our revenge on all your kind"Toran said.

"I will personally see to it that he never breaths again"Sesshomaru said "I'm glad to hear you've accepted my challenge"Toran said and Sesshomaru grasped the Tokijin while i grabbed my sword "Come now don't be so hasty we won't battle it out here, come to our castle then you can bring all the reinforcements that you require"Toran said before disappearing.

I huffed a bit "Coward"i said before i heard Rin call for Sesshomaru and i "Look at how many fish Jaken and i just caught"she said that adorable smile on her face, i smiled watching her "You remembered that fight"Sesshomaru then said, i looked at him "I guess i did, seeing her again must of triggered it"i said as Rin reached us with Jaken and A-un just behind her.

"Jaken, the panther demon tribe is back"Sesshomaru told him while i turned to Rin smiling at her "That is a lot of fish, well done Rin"i said and ruffled her hair "Rin listen"Sesshomaru said "Yes?"Rin asked looking at him "You are to wait here with A-Un, Akane and i have some unfinished business to tend to"he said "Alright i won't move from here"Rin said, with that Sesshomaru and i walked off with Jaken following behind "Don't forget to come back and get us! We'll be waiting!"Rin called waving us off i waved back to her until she was out of sight

~skip~

As Sesshomaru and i continued walking along the river we came across Royakan, i remember he assisted us fifty years ago when the panther demons came around the first time "Lord Sesshomaru, i Royakan would be honored to serve under you once again"he said bowing his head as we passed him by.

"Not necessary"Sesshomaru simply said "Please my lord i beg you to reconsider"Royakan called after us "Royakan"Sesshomaru said coming to a stop "Yes?"Royakan asked a hopeful tone in his voice "Leave before i lop off your head"Sesshomaru said "Perhaps we should consider his help mi lord, if not him maybe Inuyasha will help this time"Jaken said "Jaken, only you need help" Sesshomaru said and continued walking as i continued following.