Chapter Twenty One

~Akane~

Our little group was walking along the river when i stopped with Sesshomaru catching scent of something, it was Kagura and she fell to the river "Whatever shall we do lord Sesshomaru?" Jaken asked "Forget about her"Sesshomaru said which i was glad to hear but then i also heard Rin go in the river and was pulled by the current and Kagura further down, Jaken tried to help but got dragged along too.

I sighed a bit "How troublesome"I muttered as Sesshomaru went to save them and punching Jaken to the head, now we were just waiting for Kagura to come to, her body healed and she woke up after that, oh did i mention she was topless? At least Sesshomaru wasn't even glancing at her, i wondered if that's because he's a gentleman or because he's not interested, could be both, i think its both.

Anyway "You people"Kagura said noticing us "Lord Sesshomaru was the one who saved you, you know"Rin told her "But don't go thinking he's interested in you!"i called, Kagura huffed "I wasn't"she said, i glared at her as Jaken yelled at her "We're going"Sesshomaru said, i was more then glad to giving one last sharp glare at Kagura before turning away from her.

"Aren't you curious about what happened to me?"Kagura asked "No"Sesshomaru simply said "Even if i told you i found Naraku's heart?!"she yelled making Sesshomaru stop, i stopped too so she is of some use after all, though if she even thinks about Sesshomaru in that way i'll rip her into molecules.

"Listen Sesshomaru, you must have figured it out by now Naraku never dies no matter how many times he's slain that's because his heart is located somewhere else in order to destroy Naraku you have to destroy his heart"Kagura said, she dug out a crystal looking thing and explained the crystal would stop glowing once near Naraku's heart and that is was protected by someone named Goryomaru

"If what you said is true then Naraku must already know you're after his heart, he's smart enough to figure out that much"Sesshomaru said "And in that case he could also know you'd come to Sesshomaru and set a trap for him"i added making her gasp "And that means its useless for you to take further action"Sesshomaru said "What about you Sesshomaru? Why don't you get him?"Kagura asked.

"Kagura are you planning to use me to kill him for you? I've already told you to do it yourself, when i kill Naraku it won't be for you"Sesshomaru said "Naraku can't possibly be killed except by someone of your caliber, no one else surpasses you in terms of skills or demonic power" Kagura said, i glared growling at her, i'm pretty sure my eyes turned red "You're dead you witch no one but me talks to Sesshomaru like that"i said.

Sesshomaru grabbed my hand and i calmed down a bit but still glared at Kagura "Thanks for everything today, i'll be going now"Kagura said before she left "Good riddance"i muttered before yelping a bit as i was pulled into a passionate kiss by Sesshomaru "I love it when you get jealous"he muttered "Whoa, down boy, easy, i don't feel like it right now"i said "Very well" Sesshomaru said letting me go.

~skip~

As the sun was setting we found the temple Kagura told us about "What happened?"Rin asked "It seems someone was buried here, there's nothing for us here let's go"Sesshomaru said and we continued walking, i decided to memorize the scent of the body from the grave just in case though, we continued walking through the night looking for Naraku.

Today as we continued the search Sesshomaru asked if there had been any changes in the crystal, Jaken said no and we ignored the rest of what he was saying continuing the way, another day went by we were closing in on Naraku's heart.

Sesshomaru told us to stay back before he hit the wall of this valley revealing another one of Naraku's incarnations probably, this thing did have Naraku's stink all over it but i could smell very faintly something else deep inside this thing "You're Inuyasha's brother aren't you?"the thing asked "I have never considered that lowly half demon to be my brother but the fact that you know that much tells me your Naraku's heart are you not?"Sesshomaru asked.

To be honest i didn't think so, this thing seemed to be the hearts protector more then anything looking at its think armor which it probably acquired from a demon "Sesshomaru you'll regret that wielding your sword before greeting me"the thing said, oh it wanted manners? strange but whatever "And you will regret that uttering Inuyasha's name in my presence that much i promise you"Sesshomaru said.

Sesshomaru fought the thing but it was adsorbing all those blows growing stronger with each one, the thing wrapped Sesshomaru in its vines or whatever those things were "Sesshomaru!"i called jumping in and cutting the vines or whatever holding him "So you do have a weak spot" Sesshomaru muttered standing with me when the wind blew by bringing with the scent of blood, Kagura's blood.

Sesshomaru attacked again but the Tokijin broke as he was getting close to braking the things armor, i jumped in and tried finishing what he had started but my sword also broke, i guess it only makes sense, i did get it made before i had all of my demonic power restored, Sesshomaru and i jumped back "This isn't over i will be back for you"the thing said before disappearing in a cloud of miasma.

I looked at what was left of my sword as Sesshomaru tossed the broken Tokijin away "Thank you for all your help"i muttered before driving the sword in the ground leaving it there.

Sesshomaru flew off but i stayed behind this time seeing as he headed to where Kagura's scent was coming from, I'll only get jealous and yell at her again she doesn't need that right now.

~Sesshomaru~
I found Kagura in a field of flowers "You? You came? But why? Where's that woman? I bet she knows I'm here as well, you'll make her jealous, then again you seem to like it when she does"Kagura said as she noticed i was there.

"I followed the scent of blood and miasma"i told her "I see, you thought i was Naraku, disappointed that it's not him?"she asked "No i knew it was you"i told her shocking her "I see"she said, i took hold of Tenseiga but even that couldn't save her.

"Are you leaving?"i asked her "Yes I've had enough"Kagura said and smiled at me before she disappeared, i was about to leave when Inuyasha called to me "Wait Sesshomaru "he said.

"Kagura did she suffer?"Inuyasha asked "She was smiling"i told him before leaving, once i got back to where Akane and the others were Akane didn't even look at me, i knew she was mad right away.

"Nothing happened"i said walking over to her, Akane just huffed turning away "You were going to be mad regardless because i went to Kagura in the first place"i said and she nodded, i chuckled a bit "I love it when you're mad"i said and saw her blush "Let's just go already"she said taking the lead for once and thus we continued the way.