Chapter Twenty Four

~Akane~

I was practicing my new found powers while waiting on Sesshomaru ignoring whatever Inukimi and Jaken were talking about, my father had already gone back home saying i could tell him what happened another time, anyway i should say i was practicing to get the hang of my old powers, i've remembered how to use them all but i can't deny i was a bit rusty when using them.

I had various abilities with my sword the Tsumuragi , Power Slash much like the wind scar it can kill multiple enemies in one blow, Bloom which can restore plant life, sprout a tree and heal cursed lands, Cherry Bomb i can create three of these at a time its very handy to thin out larger numbers, Galestorm creates wind, Inferno creates fire, Waterspout creates water and Blizzard creates ice, Veil of Mist creates a mist which relaxes and heals the body from most wounds.

My sword did have its limitations too of course, it couldn't bring back the dead for instance and the Power Slash is limited to only a few opponents at a time and not a hundred at once, that's what Cherry Bomb is for, to reduce larger numbers of foes, and if i exhaust my demonic power i can't use these abilities.

Anyway  time passed rather quickly as i practiced and Sesshomaru returned with Rin and Kohaku, however right away i could tell Rin was dead "Sesshomaru!"i called running over to him "Please tell me that she's not really"i trailed off unable to believe it, Sesshomaru only looked down as he continued walking, i bit my lip fighting off tears as Sesshomaru laid Rin down.

I walked over and grabbed Rin's hand, it was cold, i couldn't help it as a sob escaped my throat and tears started streaming down my face, Sesshomaru pulled me to his chest and i let myself cry on his shoulder ignoring everything else around me.

~Third~

"What's wrong Sesshomaru? You look so sad, Tenseiga has matured considerably and your meido has expanded isn't that cause for celebration?"Inukimi asked as Sesshomaru held Akane close to him "Did you know this would happen to Rin? Did you mother?"Sesshomaru asked his voice raising a bit.

"If i'm not mistaken you've already used the Tenseiga to revive her once have you not? Son, Tenseiga can only call a person back from the dead once"Inukimi said shocking Sesshomaru as Akane was calming down rubbing her eyes but she stayed close to Sesshomaru "It only makes sense life is not supposed to be limitless after all it's not something that can be renewed over and over for your own convenience"Inukimi said.

"Sesshomaru had you come to believe you were a god perhaps? That you didn't need to fear death as long as Tenseiga was in your hands? You needed to learn two things, the desire to save the life of a loved one taken by death and the sorrow and fear which accompanies that loss" Inukimi said "I would have used your mate, Akane, but Shiranui had his own plans for her, besides we had a bet, i couldn't touch her, also if you're curious the bet was to see which one would complete their training first"she said.

"Your father wanted me to tell you this, Tenseiga is a sword for healing, only a person who values life and has a compassionate heart may use it to bury their enemies that is the requirement for anyone who wields Tenseiga, a sword that can save lives and condemn others"Inukimi told Sesshomaru, Akane frowned a bit as she looked at Rin 'So Rin had to die for Sesshomaru to learn compassion isn't a weakness, i had a feeling this would be the case' she thought but she wasn't exactly happy that she had been right.

"Little demon why do you cry?"Inukimi asked Jaken "Because it's lord Sesshomaru's very nature to never shed tears so i must cry in his stead"Jaken cried, though Akane had a feeling it was an excuse and the imp was sad to see Rin dead "Oh? Is that how you feel Sesshomaru?"Inukimi asked, Sesshomaru didn't reply but it was clear that he did.

"This is her last chance understand?"Inukimi asked before putting the meido stone on Rin, the stone brought Rin back "Rin!"Akane called and hugged the little girl, Rin started to cough and Sesshomaru put his hand on her cheek "Lord Sesshomaru, Akane you're here"she said "You're okay now Rin"Sesshomaru said "I am"Rin said.

~Akane~

I smiled letting go of Rin as we left the palace, with a final warning from Inukimi to Kohaku that he couldn't be saved with Tenseiga we left that dreaded place all together, i sighed a bit once we were far away from it "Ugh your mother is absolutely as horrid as i remember, please tell me we won't be seeing her for a long time"i said "I don't plan to see her again until she's dead" Sesshomaru said.

"You've remembered everything?"Sesshomaru then asked "I have"i smiled, he smiled a bit too "I'm glad"he said "Hey Sesshomaru"i called and he hummed glancing at me, i kissed him, he responded right away, i pulled back after a while and smiled at him again "I'm not gonna say those words until you say them first though"i said, he growled a bit "Tease"he muttered, i giggled a bit and thus our journey continued.