Recovery (Chapter 11)

A/N: This chapter will be the after effects from the last chapter, also the last chapter I will be doing in a while, because of school and all that. Don't worry, I will finish this story, I'm aiming for 20 chapters or more. Hopefully you enjoy this chapter!!

*a Few weeks later at the Parker Residence*

Peter and Aunt May were ready to head over to his girlfriend's father burial. Liz hasn't spoken to Peter for weeks now, since they gave each other space ever since her father's passing. Aunt May noticed that Peter's depressed expression on his face. "you ready" She asked. He jumped up from his chair out of the sudden mention.
"Y-yeah....let's go...." He responded. He opened the door like a gentleman as they headed to the funeral.

Upon arrival at the burial site, Peter noticed Flash and his family, Gwen and Captain Stacy, Sally and Rand and MJ and her mom.
Then He finally saw Liz, for the first time in a while. She wore a black funeral dress, and had a plenty of tears running down her face.
She spoke in behalf of her father, with a shaking voice, nearly broke down again. As the casket lowered, Liz had to cover her face as she was comforted by her Aunts and cousins.
Later on, everyone would meet with the Allan Family until it was just Liz was alone with Peter.
He gave a warmest, loving hug to her as she would do the same. They sat down on a old rotten bench.

"Look, I'm s-sorry, I couldn't save him....I was too late" he apologized. His voice shook, cracked and his face became really red. His hands had plenty of sweat due to fearing the worst that Liz would break up with him at that moment.
"W-what are you sorry for? Yeah, we may have not talked in a while, and I'm sorry. But, none of this isn't your fault, even though at first I blamed you for it....but I shouldn't have. 

I understand that you can't save everyone but you make the best effort to, and I admire that about you, Petey! The last thing my dad asked me was 'is this Peter, a good guy?'
I told him he was and is a great guy." She admitted. She gave him a kiss on his cheek and lay her head on his shoulder.
He grew a smile on his face, knew that he never deserves Liz...but she loves him for who he is. Then they would say their final goodbyes, due to her relatives calling her over, which left Peter to find his aunt.

*Parker's Residence*

Once Peter and Aunt May got home from the funeral, he had changed out of his suit. Aunt May cooked lunch for Peter for it was close to lunch time. She made a salad and chicken sandwiches.
Suddenly the doorbell rang, so Aunt May answered the door, but she was genuinely surprised by who it was! She called Peter downstairs to meet this special visitor.
He changed into comfortable clothes and went down to see this "special visitor."

When he saw who it was, and his mouth dropped. 

"Tony Stark, Like THE TONY STARK!" The billionaire, Playboy, philanthropist himself was in house.
Tony approached him, greeted him with a firm handshake.
"Mr. Parker! you are a very intelligent young man, especially in science.
We are developing a new program called 'The Stark Internship' and we would love to have you be in the program. We pay our interns plenty, so money won't be a problem!"
Peter, excited to take opportunity, but that means he had to balance being Spider-Man and The Stark Internship which Tony knew.
Aunt May grew excited for Peter, because she knew that was his dream ever since. "This is a great opportunity Peter you have here!" She said with an excited tone. Tony politely asked, "will you excuse us for one moment."
Peter would lead him into his room so they can have a one on one conversation.
Once they make it up to his room, Tony locks the door, "Does she know?" He questioned Peter.
"Know what? that I'm Spider-Man........No" Peter frantically replied. "She would freak out if she knew!" Tony saw great concern in the young teenagers eyes. "You atleast have a job? Right?" He questioned Peter. Ever since Carnage incident, The Daily Bugle essentially shut down, due to the building damage and deceased employees.....the Bugle was closed. In addition, they layed off plenty of employees to pay to rebuild parts of the building, which resulted the loss of Peter's job. "No......not at the moment" he muttered. He was concerned on how they would pay the bills, but recently Aunt May got a job at a homeless shelter...which relieved Peter, a bit. He looked back at his camera that he used for the bugle, dusty and scratched all over the place.

"You won't need that Camera anymore, you'll be interning for me, make more money in a day than you make at the Bugle in a week. But one really important question, why the superhero gig, what drives you to put on those rather tight spandex?" Tony asked with such curiousity.
Peter gulped then his eyes darted at a childhood picture with Uncle Ben, which gave him those warm childhood memories.

"I never grew up with a father or mother, so my Aunt and Uncle were basically my parents. I loved them, especially my Uncle Ben.....he told me that Great Power comes great responsibility....but I ignored him. But He died later that night and I knew it was my fault. This power is supposed to help out this city, I believe its my responsibility........and if people get hurt, I feel its my fault, even though it may not be." He explained with an emotional tone.

Tony was touched by this because Peter seems to have such a drive to get out of that old twin bed everyday. He pat Peter on his shoulder, "I can learn ALOT from you kid, your drive insane and I admire that." Peter smiled at this, saw Tony Stark as an Idol, now he can learn from him. Then Aunt May announced that lunch was ready.
"Are you going to stay from Lunch?" Peter mentions.
"of course, it smells great down there, plus I'm craving a chicken sandwich lately!" Tony said with a smile.
Then the two went downstairs to eat lunch, enjoyed the newfound relationship with each other, as the rest of the day would come to a close.

*TO BE CONTINUED*
A/N: As you can see, I adopted alot from the civil war scene with Peter and Tony. I personally find the Tony Stark from the MCU as the definitive Tony Stark. Peter will actually be in the Stark Internship, it will help him. Remember, this Tony Stark is younger than usual, but he is still an adult. I really hope you enjoyed this, I really work hard on these! Feel free to leave feedback! More Spidey chapters coming! Also call this, the winter finale of the story....its like TV shows.
PS: Tell me how you feel about these revisions.