Thirteen

The week went by in a blur and before she knew it, it was Saturday. It was another cloudy day in Forks, nothing out of the ordinary. Charlie sat at the dining room table cleaning his shotgun, Katherine sat across from him eating some toast. Bella came in, handing her father a beer, her body leaned against the table.

"I have a date with Edward Cullen." She told him.

"He's a little old for you, isn't he?"

"No. He's a junior I'm a junior." Katherine rolled her eyes. "I thought you liked the Cullen's."

"I thought you didn't like any of the boys in town." He countered.

"Edward doesn't live in town... technically." Charlie looked over at his daughter taking a sip of his beer before looking at Katherine who shrugged.

"He's right outside."

"He is?"

"He wanted to meet you, officially." Charlie cocked his gun.

"Bring him in." Katherine giggled. Charlie faintly smiled.

"Can you be nice. He's kinda important." Charlie mimicked a halo above his head causing Katherine to laugh.

"Don't worry pops, I'll be going too." Bella left to go open the door.

"Keep an eye on her." Charlie told her.

"You got it dude." She aimed her fingers at him imitating guns. He smirked. Not even a few seconds later Bella came back with Edward in tow. All the times Bella and Edward has been together she hasn't talked to him much, maybe briefly but they were always together and never around so she never had the chance to converse with him.

"Chief Swan. I want to formally introduce myself. I'm Edward Cullen." Charlie and Edward shook hands.

"Hi Edward."

"Bella won't be out too late tonight. She's just gonna play baseball with my family."

"Baseball?"

"Yes sir, that's the plan."

"Bella's gonna play baseball? Well good luck with that." Katherine snickered.

"You'd have better luck having a sloth as a teammate." Bella glares at her sister, Edward bit back a laugh.

"I'll take good care of her. I promise."

They started heading out. He turned to Katherine who got up to put her plate in the sink.

"Still got that pepper spray?" Katherine nodded, replying with a yes, even though she wouldn't need it. She headed out, hopping into the back of Emmett's jeep. It was about a 20 minute drive but in no time they got to an large open field.

"Since when do vampires like baseball?" Bella asked once they were out of jeep, Katherine paid no mind as she was making her way to other Cullen's more specifically a certain Hale.

Carlisle and Rosalie's hands made their way up the bat, to determine who went first, Carlisle's hand making it on top. Rosalie playfully pushed him and swatted at him. Esme was the first to greet her.

"Katherine." The smaller woman hugged the human, the action surprising her but nonetheless hugged her back, the woman reminding her of her own mother who she missed.

"Hey Esme." She smiled.

"Bella!" Esme called out, as she and Edward came over. "I'm glad you're both here. We need umpires."

"She thinks we cheat." Emmett told them as he walked by.

"I know you cheat." The Swan girls and Esme walked to home base, Katherine's eyes finding Rosalie's. "Call them as you see them girls."