trust

Today was the day.

The day of the prince's ball, where you couldn't help but think you were going to meet your soulmate for the first time, and where you would have to be among the people that ruined your life.

You wondered what the prince was feeling right now, but you already knew. After all, he was meeting his soulmate today too.

Even though you had to be ready by today, you still didn't have a dress to wear. It wasn't your fault, there really weren't any stores selling dresses in District 9. You had everything else you needed. It sounded so simple, but it just wasn't.

You sighed and pulled yourself out of bed. At some point, you were going to have to find a dress, and unfortunately, you had run out of time. You walked into your bathroom and stared at your reflection. You ran your fingers through your hair, still not used to the silvery tone that shot back at you through the mirror. At least your soulmate would be easy to find, whoever they were.

As you prepared your breakfast and got ready for the long day ahead of you, an idea struck you. Maybe there was a way for you to easily get a dress for this ball.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

You vaguely remembered your mom telling you that she had met your father at the former prince's, now king's, ball. Those were happier times, she used to say, before District 9 was neglected. But you didn't let your mind wander to happier times, if your mother had been to a ball, that means she must have had a gown to wear. Now all you had to do was find your fairy god mother.

Your mother was very good friends with another woman, if anyone had the dress, it was her. You could remember her address clearly, because mother had always told you, if anything went wrong, that was where you were supposed to go. Looking back now, you think she knew her and your father were about to die, and that you were supposed to go to her friends house. But after it happened, you couldn't think straight, and by the time you remembered it was too late.

God, I hope she's still alive. What was her name again? Why can't I remember?

As you approached the house, you felt all the old memories returning. Nights spent here, by the fireplace, reading stories together, how your mother's smile was always the widest when she was here. You felt tears brim in your eyes, but you quickly pushed them away. You were here for a reason.

You knocked on the door. Then quickly activated your senses you had trained so hard to perfect in your warrior training.

You heard footsteps coming from behind the door, a bit too heavy for an old woman, you thought, but you didn't think much of it, because there was a such thing as big women. Then you heard a voice. A male voice. You quickly snapped open your eyes and looked up quickly.

The door opened, and Han Jisung stared back at you. His eyes looked confused at first, then recognition showed on his surprisingly handsome features. You'd never met him before, but you'd been shown enough pictures by Elder Diabolos to recognize him with out trouble. And it appeared he had been too.

"J-jisung, I wasn't expecting you here," you said, mentally slapping yourself for stuttering.

"Neither was I," he replied, a little surprised, "I see you've changed your hair?"

"O-oh, yeah, I'll be going now," you turned around to leave, but jisung caught your wrist.

"Slow down, you must have come here for something," he teased.

What was going on? Was the Han Jisung Elder Diabolos had threatened you with so many times joking with you?

"Yeah, one of my mom's friends used to live here, I thought she might have owned something I needed for today," you said a little sullen about it.