rescue

Your POV

For almost an hour it seemed you had been waiting for Felix to come. Jisung had long since given up waiting with you, and was now taking a nap on the floor by the window, snoring quietly.

You checked the position of the sun in the sky and tried to guess at what time it was. You knew it was the afternoon, but that was about all you could tell. When Felix came, you'd have to tell him to get a clock or watch of some sort in here. And maybe some mild board games.

You sighed and laid your head on the table, only to hear the door creak open and to shoot your head up.

Felix's silver hair caught your eyes first, glinting in the sunlight streaming through the window. It kind of hurt your eyes, actually.

Does my hair do that too?

Jisung simply snorted loudly and rolled over, continuing his sleep.

You smiled and ran up to Felix, wrapping your arms around him.

Finally, another person I can trust.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Felix POV

All you felt was guilt. Horrible, terrifying guilt. At any moment, y/n could find out that you'd been lying to her, and you were sure that would wipe the smile off her face and she would definitely tear her arms off your body. You didn't want to be the cause of that.

Y/n removed her face from your chest and stared up at you with big, loving eyes, that only made your heart wrench with even more guilt.

"Felix," she said, sounding relieved and happy, "it's so boring in here."

"I know," you replied, smiling down at her, "but, your safety is more important than your entertainment."

She frowned a little at your words but seemed to shake it off, so you didn't think much of it.

"Felix," she said, starting to sound unsure of herself, "I trust you with my life, you made it clear that I should a few hours ago with Henry."

You gulped and nodded, feeling nervous sweat start to form on your forehead.

"I trust you too," you said, forcing a fake smile.

She chuckled.

"That's easy for you to say," she said, "You don't know half of the trust issues I've had these past couple of days."

She was right you didn't know anything about the past couple days or y/n. Why had she been at your ball, why couldn't she go home to District 9, and why Henry wanted anything from her.

I don't deserve to know any of this.

"The point is," she continued, "I'm taking the leap to trust you with my friends too. But if anything happens to them, I don't care if it's your fault or not, I'm going to have trust issues with you. My mind's just that messed up at this point."

"I understand," you said, nodding your head, though you didn't understand why she was trusting you with her friends.

"My District was destroyed and the survivors were living in a cave, without proper living standards," she said to you, and you could see the heavy emotion in her eyes, "I need you to get them and bring them here, just so we can get them food and clothes and things. Would you do all that for me?"

You nodded your head, smiling while pulling her into a hug.

You were torn between guilt and sorrow. You still felt absolutely terrible for lying to y/n and dreaded the mess you had caused yourself to be in, but at the same time you grieved for the place that you had loved when you were a kid. But, ultimately your guilt won out. You needed to get out of this room before something happened.