discovery

Your POV

You groaned as you woke up, then you sat up, leaning against the rock wall of the cave, that was now your's and some other people's home. Your back ached from sleeping on the rock floor, and you missed the heaven bed from Felix's castle.

You shook thoughts of Felix away, it was too painful, and besides you didn't know if your could trust him or not.

You sighed and stood up on ur feet, using the wall for support. Your ankle still hurt, but you could walk on it by yourself, without as much trouble as before.

Slowly you walked over to the center of the cave, where some food was laid out. The provisions you had brought from the capitol were there, plus some pieces of bread and an apple someone had managed to save.

How are these people going to survive? I have to find Jisung and help them. Soon.

You decided to save most of the food for them, and just took a small piece of bread.

Munching on your bread, you walked over to Chan and gently shook him awake.

Chan jolted up, and looked you dead in the eye.

"I literally just fell asleep y/n," he said.

"What," you said, surprised, "Chan, it's the morning, I can see the light coming in through the entrance of the cave."

"Well, maybe I had stuff to do," he huffed.

"I have stuff to do too," you said, "I'm going to find Jisung today and bring him back, ok?"

"Ok," he said, clearly still annoyed at you for waking him up, "just be safe though."

"Alright," you said, letting him fall back asleep, knowing that he probably wouldn't remember talking to you.

You sighed, finished your bread, grabbed your stuff, and then exited the cave.

Before entering the narrow hallway to the entrance, you looked back at your new friends.

They all looked so weak, and small. You thought about everything they'd been through, about everything you'd been through. You all deserved a break, you deserved to be happy.

I'll make sure that happens. This is on me, it's my fault, I didn't realize what was going on. I'm going to make it right.

Taking a huge deep of breath, you looked away and took your first step back into the world.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Felix's POV

Yesterday, y/n hadn't shown up the entire day. She hadn't even left a note explaining why she suddenly disappeared, or when she'd be back. You'd stayed up all night, waiting for her, hoping that she would just appear. But she hadn't.

Now it was the next day, you had obvious bags under your eyes and you refused to talk to anyone. As of now, you were sitting at the breakfast table with your brother, Minho, who had given up on trying to force you to eat. You didn't touch your food and you barely moved.

Woojin, who pretty much slept over at the castle every day, walked in and stared at you, then Minho.

"Is he...asleep?" Woojin asked, after a while.

"No," Minho replied, "I think he's dead."

You just glared at both of them and they immediately shut up.

"You gonna eat that?" Minho asked.

Of course you didn't respond, but you saw Minho swipe it and start eating from it anyway.