fate

*five years later*

Your POV

Today had been the happiest day of your life.

Because you had just been married to the love of your life. Both of you ran down the paths you now knew well, hand in hand.

You greeted the people in the village as you ran by and they said polite hello's back, in awe of the happy couple passing by.

But let's go back.

After everything had happened, things hadn't been easy. Parts of the village had to be rebuilt because of the big blast you had set off when you lost control.

Minho and Felix's father hadn't cared at all, all he had cared about was the fact that Felix's soulmate was you, a poor girl from the destroyed District 9 that defected years ago. Both of the boys stood up for you in a way that warmed your heart and made you feel loved.

Eventually, their father had just completely ceased to talk to them, except to Minho about king stuff. But it didn't matter, since Minho had already vowed to not be like his father.

Their mother just followed their father in everything, so Felix was basically shunned by his parents for something he couldn't even control. You felt terrible, but this time, you hadn't run away. You'd stayed by his side and he reassured you that he didn't care what they thought, as long as he had you.

About a year later, their father had passed away peacefully in his sleep. No one really knew how. Some said someone poisoned him and some talked about a secret heart disease he'd always had. Neither of his sons were sure, and their mother kept her mouth tightly sealed.

After he passed, his mother had gone crazy with grief and killed herself a few days later. It was a shock to everyone, but Minho and Felix grieved for both their parents and got over it somehow. Even if their parents hadn't loved them very much, the two boys still had love in their hearts for them.

A week later, Minho became king of the Young Wings Empire. His coronation wasn't too extravagant and everyone in the village was invited. You remembered how nervous he had been, but you also remembered how everyone assured him he would be the best king the empire had even seen.

Two more years passed and every destroyed part of the empire was rebuilt. He started the long process of putting District 9 back together and all the refugees you'd originally found had moved back.

He'd destroyed the Elder's resources and every trace of them. Little children in school still learned about them, and they learned about the consequences of being driven by a need for power.

Under his rule, the poverty rate had gone down, trade had boosted with other nations, and the Young Wings Empire was seeing growth and happiness like never before.

Mia and Minho were dating too. Minho wanted to focus on being a good king and Mia wanted to focus on getting her life back together. So they weren't married yet.

After she had passed out the day of the Elder's defeat, Minho and Jisung had rushed her to the village doctor since the castle infirmary was destroyed by your blast.

The doctors there had began treating her. It wasn't easy since waking up from a coma is the hardest part, but with loving people around her, she managed to pull through.

Now she lived in a little house in the village with Jisung. They were the type of siblings that were best friends. Like all siblings they fought at times, but they always managed to get over it and cherish each other.

The rest of everglow and itzy had come out into the open again, no longer having anything to hide from with the Elders gone and Minho as king.

Seungmin and Yeji had married almost immediately and they now lived in another small house next to Jisung and Mia.