akrasia

⚠️ the following chapter contains mentions of death and suicide that may be triggering to some people, read with caution ⚠️

Henry POV

It was time to start your plan.

You weren't exactly comfortable with it, but it was the only way. The only way to fix everything permanently. Or as permanently as humanly possible.

Plus, you'd get to see your best friends again and finally apologize to them. You'd get to meet your soulmate for the first time.

Because you had to kill yourself.

You shuddered and stared at the gun in your lap.

It was the only way.

If you were left alive, the crazy cycle of revenge and hate would continue.

From Seungmin, from Jisung, from your brother, and from you. And the people under it, would just increase as time went on. It had to stop now.

You couldn't ensure you wouldn't try to get revenge in the future. You were messed up, run by your anger. You knew that. The world would be better without you.

Right now the battle was between you, your brother, and the Elders. Y/n was tied in, but she wasn't choosing sides. She already knew what was best.

With you out of the picture, y/n would take care of the Elders and Minho would eventually become king. Everything would be perfect.

But with you in the picture, there was always this extra thing that had to be taken care of. You couldn't join them and be trusted. You couldn't stay by yourself and be trusted.

The rest of the world was just defending itself. They'd be fine.

You'd made mistakes when you were young, now you had to pay the price.

Besides, the Elders wouldn't be okay without you.

From the start, when you were in charge, you'd given them everything they needed. The resources to start the whole problem, to train y/n, and to build their weapons. Without those resources, they were just a bunch of old men.

Y/n would destroy them as they ran out their resources.

Then, it'd be peaceful.

Your employees were dying right now. You couldn't sit by and do nothing.

This was where you played your part.

This was your opportunity to fix your mistakes and show everyone you weren't all that bad.

They might not understand right away, but they would later. When everything smoothed out.

You stood up, shaking, and walked out from behind the wall.

You wanted to see y/n before you left.

Even though you had been terrible to her, she had still accepted you. She had forgiven you and she looked at you as a friend now. And she was one of your only friends as well.

She was who you were doing this for.

She deserved happiness. Her and Felix would be able to live together without being afraid of being kidnapped, killed, or worse.

You walked to the edge of the fighting and caught sight of her out of the corner of your eye.

You looked up and made eye contact with her. Her eyes were confused, waiting for you to implement your plan.

You smiled sadly, and waved bye to her.

She waved back, still confused.

"Thank you," you whispered, "for everything."