deception

Jisung had told you that you should stay in the capital for a couple days and not to trust anyone. He told you that he might not be able to get in contact anytime soon, because the elders will know that he told you something, but he will find a way to talk to you again soon.

It's funny that technically you only met him yesterday, but he already feels like he's an older brother to you. Right now he's the only one you can trust, or so he says.

You don't know if you fully believe Jisung, because the elders have never shown any malicious intentions to you, but it makes sense at the same time.

Why else would they train you so hard and make sure you excelled at everything, for some silly 'truth' no one believed in?

Horrified you realized that you had been turned into a living weapon, an assassin, without even realizing it. Before you would do everything the elders told you to, without questioning it, you were just their toy for so many years. Tears ran down your cheeks as you realized your entire past had been a lie.

You heard the door creak open and looked up at it sadly, knowing it was probably just nurse "seeing how you were getting by".

To your surprise it was Felix, and more tears fell out of your eyes, as you realized most of what the elders had told you about him were probably lies too, and you had been mean to him for no reason.

"What happened?" he asked, sounding surprised by your devastated state, "Are you okay? Did someone hurt you?"

More tears ran down your cheeks as you desperately shook your head unable to form the right words to say how sorry you were.

"W-we keep meeting like this, r-right?" you managed, trying to sound friendly.

Felix came and sat down beside you on your bed, and for some reason, you felt the strange sense of comfort again.

"Please tell me what's wrong, I can help you," he begged.

"I'm so sorry," you pushed out, and sobbed heavily.

"What are you sorry for?" he said, his voice sounded so gentle, you just wanted to tell him everything right then and there.

"I-I've done some pretty bad things without e-even realizing it," you confided, "and they were all based on lies...."

"Well..." Felix started, thinking about what to say. As he thought of something, you could see his eyes light up, "If they were based on lies that you believed, then you thought you were doing the right thing. So your still a good person, and now that you've realized it and are sorry for it, that just proves that you are a good person."

You looked into his eyes and you saw nothing but truth. And right now, you needed a little a bit of truth in your life.

"Thank you your highness," you said, and meant it. You'd been nothing but a bitch to him, yet he still continued to be nice to you no matter what.

"Please," Felix said, "just call me felix."

You smiled at him and nodded.

"H-hey felix," you said, testing his name on your tongue, "I'm gonna need to stay here for a couple more days, if that's alright with you."

"Of course, we have plenty of space available for you," then he grinned a boyish grin, "my family can't wait to see you."

"O-Okay, goodnight, thank you again Felix," you told him sincerely.

"No problem, get some sleep," he replied with his signature smile.

As soon as he left the room, you sighed and laid you head against your pillow. You didn't know what is was, but your mood had done a complete 360 after seeing Felix. You thought maybe you did have a crush on the prince after all.