i - colors

Will tapped his pencil against the edge of his notebook. Class was almost over, or, atleast he thought so. Will glanced up at the clock. It was 3:00. Only fifteen boring minutes left before the weekend, everyone's favorite.
        "Hey, Will! Do you wanna come over to Mike's after school?" Dustin asked him with a heavy lisp. Will's eyes lit up as he nodded excitedly.
          "Of course!" Will whispered back then went back to facing the teacher. He hadn't heard most of what Mr. Clarke had said, but can you blame him? School was almost over and on a Friday. Two things that don't mix well if you want kids to pay attention, and almost all the kids were bored, including Will, who was zoning out. Will was a really smart kid, but he was imaginative, and in a setting like school, imagination wasn't very respected. It was suppressed, but the weekend was a time to let all you creativity flow. Yes, Will Byers was very artistic. He could create anything with some colored pencils and a sheet of paper, but some people didn't like that. Other kids didn't like Will's colorful self expression. They got weirded out by his choice of color in his everyday life, but will still wore them. To few, he was a masterpiece, like his drawings, using every color in his box of self expression and personality. A true masterpiece.

      The bell rung. Kids sighing in relief and hopping out from there desks to the hallways. Will, on the other hand, carefully took all his papers under his arm and made sure he didn't leave anything, then continued out the door.
        "Have a good rest of the afternoon, Byers," mr. Clarke said before Will exited the room.
         "You too," will replied with a small smile and gave a small wave then slipped out the door into the hallway, which was packed. Kids laughed and talked, Will ducking through the crowd to get to his locker. He managed to get to his locker without being trampled, him only being 5'2" and most other kids being taller. He didn't mind to much though. The only trouble it brought him was a few bullies and not being able to reach the second shelf. Will shrugged, and slung his backpack over his shoulder, the blue of it clashed against the red and orange of his flannel, but he didn't mind. He was just glad that he could go to Mike's and spend time with his friends. Will got lost in thoughts once again, making his way mindlessly through the hallway, until he bumped into the biggest school bully,  Troy Harrington.
        "Oh! Sorry!" Will exclaimed, snapping out of his daydreaming. Troy whipped around and grabbing Will by the collar of his shirt.
        "What the hell was that for, fairy boy?!" Troy hissed, slamming Will against the lockers.
        "I just, well, uh, bumped into you," Will mumbled. "S-sorry..." Troy snickered and tightened his grip on Will's shirt, Troy's face only a few inches away from his. Will throat tightened, knowing very well that troy wasn't afraid to hurt people, but Troy just seemed to be observing him. He smirked, then let go of Will.
         "Fine, just get out of my sight you disgusting homo," Troy scoffed, relief filling Will. He couldn't believe troy just let him of the hook, knowing how much he hated Will, but he was glad.

     Wills best (and only) friends waited for him outside by the bike racks.
          "What took so long?" Dustin questioned.
          "I just got stopped in the halls by your one and only," will replied, rolling his eyes but smiling.
           "Wait, Troy?" Mike asked, clearly concerned. Will nodded. "Oh my gosh! Will are you hurt?!" Mike exclaimed, running over to him and checking for bruises or scars.
          "No, no. He barely even touched me... he just... let me go," Will explained Dustin, Lucas, and Mike looked shocked.
           "that's not like Troy. Somethings definitely wrong here," Lucas hissed. Will shrugged.
            "Maybe he's just trying to be nice-ish?" Will said. He was even making himself a bit confused.
            "Nope. Definitely not. That's not him," Lucas grumbled.
            "It doesn't really matter," Will shrugged again, pulling his bike from the rack. "Let's go."