xi - aura

Mike woke up for the second time, laying on his side and his hand on Will's back. His eyes widened, carefully pulling his hand away from Will's back so he didn't wake him up, his face reddening and throat feeling tight, like a large mass just sitting there. He rolled over onto his back, his heart pounding in his chest. His breathing was heavy, his emotions flooding over him as he laid, looking up at the ceiling. 

        'do...do like him?' Mike thought to himself, his heartbeat getting even faster. He swept a small lock of wavy black hair out of his face, still staring at the ceiling. He could feel Will shuffling slightly next to him, but he hoped he was still sleeping. Will has been going through a lot. He needed the sleep. Mike sighed and slowly rolled out of bed, tip toeing over to his dresser and pulling out some clean clothes and quietly exited his room, closing the door slowly behind him. He took a deep breath, still clenching the doorknob. He shook his head and walked away to the bathroom, splashing his face with cold water from the tap. 'I think I do. I really do.'

Will woke up feeling groggy a few hours after 'the nightmare incident', his hair slightly messy and sticking up in a few different directions. He shuffled over, seeing that Mike wasn't there and climbed out of bed. The pain in his waist has subsided to a subtle throb, and wasn't bothering to much anymore, or, at least the physical pain wasn't. Bad memories flashed behind his eyes every time he blinked, but he tried to ignore it. He took a deep breath and rubbed his eyes, and walked over to the door, pushing it open and looking out at the hallway. It felt strange not to be in his own house, but it was a good feeling too. The aura here had a very homey and safe, unlike his house, which was dark and broken, his mom and older brother trying to keep the family together, their dad refusing to leave, forcing them to believe that they needed him, which Will knew was BS but his mom was forcing herself to believe it too. 

        "hey Will, are you ok?" Mike asked, Will jumped back and looked up. He must've just came back from from the bathroom or something. Will went a bit red in the face and looked away. 

       "Yeah, I was just thinking," Will chuckled, clearly embarrassed, looking at his feet. Mike took a shallow breath, he knew Will would probably be thinking of last night. 

       "Ok, uh, well, I found some spare clothes that might fit you," Mike said quietly to Will, giving Will a soft smile as he gently took his wrist and lead him back into his bedroom, then pointed to to the small pile on the ground. "I'll let you change in peace, just let me know when you're done, ok?" Will nodded in reply, taking the clothes into his arms and returning a soft smile. 

      "Thank you so much, mike."

oof at first i was forcing myself to write this, but then it just all came to me and flowed into the page like it used to! Anyway, school has been pretty good, i just finished the first week. I go to a Charter school, so it's not too stressful, just time consuming XD anyway, i hope you had a good day