xii - tell

Will threw on Mike's clothes, which were unsuprisingly too big on him, his skin burning everywhere. He sighed a shaky breath, running his thumb over his lip, making shivers run down his spine. He hated how he felt right now. He hated feeling like his own skin was to small for him. He just felt like he needed to break free from everything chaining him down, or like he was a balloon that his problems were holding onto. Will took another deep breath, rubbing his eyes with his lower palm. He could just feel the anxiety telling him that everything that could go wrong did. And the sad thing is, he felt like that was right. He felt like everything was just going down hill for him, or, more sailing down from a steep cliff. Yeah. Like that. Everything was sinking. Everything was crumbling down around him, and he didn't know what to do. He didn't know how to stop these feelings.

        "will?" Will lifted his head, looking around. "Will?" Mike called out again from the other side of the door. Will inhaled sharply. 

      "Yeah?" He answered, still standing in the middle of Mike's room, which was decorated with many different photos and toys, with a few middle school science trophies in the mix. He couldn't help but remember the tiwhen him, Mike, Lucas, and Dustin won the fifth grade science contest, which may not seem like much now, but it mattered a lot to them those three years ago. 

        "Are you ok? I need to ask you something," Mike said shyly, rocking on his feet at the other side of the door. He could feel the tension between them. 

"Oh, yeah, of course," Will replied, walking over to the door and opening it. Mike looked down at Will, feeling a tinge of heat at his face seeing the small boy. "What did you need to ask?" Will asked, his heart beating anxiously. 

      "I want to ask it somewhere private..." Mike replied, looking down at his shoes. Will bit his lip but nodded, goosebumps running down his arms

"Ok," Will answered simply and calmly, but inside he felt his blood go cold. Mike gave Will a reassuring smile. 

"follow me," Mike said weakly, Will following him nervously out the front door and to the back yard, where there was an old wooden bench swing surrounded in a forest of tall brown, yellow, and red trees. Mike sat down and patted next to him, motioning Will to sit, which he did. 

"What is it?" Will asked again, his and Mike's hands almost touching, leaves floating down from the trees. Mike took a deep breath in reply.

"Will, I know you don't wanna talk about it, but I need you to so I can help you," Mike started nervously, saying it like he rehearsed it in his head many times, making Will's anxiety go up even farther then it was. "Will, I really need you to tell me what Troy did to you, and what your dad did to you, and where you got all those scars. Please, Will," Mike begged, placing his hand on Will's. Will looked down at his feet. He could feel Mike looking at him with pleading eyes. "Please Will," Mike begged again after Will didn't reply.    

       "Mike, I can't tell you," Will faltered, his eyes starting to water up. "I-It doesn't matter, ok?" He continued, his tone starting to get agressive, which was suprising for Will. He almost never got loud or angry. 

"It does matter, Will! It really matters! Please!" Mike pleaded, now holding Will's shoulders, trying to make Will face him, but Will kept looking away, avoiding Mike's eyes. Will could feel the tears threaten to spill from his already puffy, red eyes. "Will, look at me," Mike said, now more softly. Will sniffled and looked into Mike's round puppy-dog eyes. "it's gonna be ok." Mike finished, pulling Will into a warm hug, and Will let the tears loose. 

        "I-I can't do it, Mike," Will sobbed into Mike's jacket, his hands shaking. 

        "Yes you can, Will. You make it through anything you're going through, and I'm gonna help you."

( I know I said I wouldn't write my mental illnesses into this story and make it make sense but.... hahaha..... that was a big lie lmao)