x - bed

Will and Mike feel asleep together on Mike's bed, Will on his back and Mike on his side, putting a hand on the smaller boy's shoulder. Mike was so tempted to hold him, but he didn't want hurt the poor boy. Will just needed some peaceful sleep, or, just sleep in general. He looked tired, but wouldn't touch be too if nightmares plagued your mind, you dad hurt you, and Troy is doing something so bad you couldn't tell anyone? Mike needed to know. He NEEDS to know what Troy did to Will. Mike rolled to his other side, pulling his hand from Will and staring across his room, only to see the faint outlines of his dresser and a desk piled with comics, everywhere else too dark to see. He sighed, closing his eyes again, more darkness behind his eyelids. The quiet was almost unnerving, only hearing the subtle thud of his own heartbeat pounding softly.

The large cloud-like mass began to untangle itself, many stray tentacles spinning out from its shorter body, a huge, faceless head peering down at Will. Goosebumps raised all over his arms, his stomach plummeting, his legs feeling like sticks of lead. It was so, so cold. He tried to run, but he was stuck in place, with the only thing he could do is watch the huge beast get closer, and closer, and-

Will shot up, his hip burning and throbbing, feeling like it was going up in hundreds of tiny fireworks. Mike shot up too, his eyes dashing to Will's. Will's chest heaved under his shirt, which was unbuttoned halfway down, revealing small bits of his chest. He suddenly looked away, knowing very well that Mike could see a few white lines where other cuts and gashes were inflicted onto Will on his midsection.
"Will, are you ok? Was it another nightmare?" Mike asked, sitting up next to Will. He could see the small glisten of sweat on Will's face and chest from the small light the moon provided from outside the window. Will nodded slowly in reply, though what he really wanted is for Mike to hold him close to his chest. He wished he could SEE Mike's chest, running a finger down his torso... Will looked down, trying to push these disturbing thoughts from his head. He knew Mike didn't like him like that, friends just are always there for each other. "Are you sure?" Mike asked once again, taking Will by surprise.
"Yeah, I'm ok, just another stupid nightmare," Will replied hoarsely, giving Mike a forced chuckle as he laid himself back into Mike's bed, shifting himself just so slightly under the covers. "Goodnight, Mike."
"Night Byers," Mike said back softly, thanking that it was to dark for will to see how hard he was blushing.

Sorry for another short chapter