iv - sleep

Mike dumped all his papers and notebooks out of his bag and onto his bed, and replaced it with a spare of clothes and a toothbrush, then ran downstairs to meet Will. He was sitting on Mike's couch, waiting patiently for him to pack.

          "Ready?" Mike asked in a hushed tone, so that he wouldn't wake anyone else in the house, though, his family were natural born heavy sleepers. Will nodded in reply, getting up and following Mike outside. Chilly air and strands of moonlight through the thick clouds blasted their faces as Mike through open the front door. Will shivered, but threw Mike a quick smile, quickly boarding their bikes as they sped down the driveway to Will's house.

Will peaked through the front door. His mom, wasn't home yet, but he knew she would be soon since it was close to ten. Will lead mike down the carpeted hallway to his room, and softly pushed open the door that squeaked quietly. 

          "I'm tired," Will said blankly. Mike looked down at him, and laughed to himself.

         "Hi tired, I'm Mike," Mike replied, slinging his bag off his shoulder and onto the floor, where it laid net to the foot of Will's blue-blanketed, twin size bed. 

         "Not funny!" Will giggled, which completely destroyed the meaning of what he just said. "I'm gonna go get changed into pajamas and then going right to bed. It's getting late, you know." Will finished, grabbing some clothes from his dresser and to the bathroom. \

        "Alrighty," Mike snickered, sitting on the edge of the bed. Will came back a minute later wearing blue and white striped pajama bottoms and a lighter blue shirt, and was carrying some spare blankets for Mike. Mike couldn't believe he never noticed how adorable he was before. 

         "Here," Will smiled, handing Mike the small stack, his face burning up. "I think I have a sleeping bag around here too."

         "no, that's alright," Mike replied, laying one of the blankets on the ground.

         "are you sure?" Will asked doubtfully, holding his elbow awkwardly  and looking down at his feet. Mike nodded in reply and gave Will a thumbs up. "ok," Will finished and looked up at him once again, then tucked himself into his bed. "good night, Mike," Will yawned, switching the lamp off. 

          "Night Will," Mike said back, tucking himself into the jumble of pillows and blankets on the floor next to him. 

Blue. Everything was blue. And cold. It was all cold. Everything. Goose bumps rose up on Will's arms and neck. He was shivering. He was cold. He likes it cold. He. Him. It. It likes it cold. It was very cold. And there was clouds. Dark clouds. Thick clouds. Big clouds. And everything was suddenly red. There he was. Looking down at Will. Will was small. He was big. Another flash. And-

Will shot up from his bed, breathing heavily, his chest heaving. He eyes shot around the room. It was his room. He was safe, and sighed that it was just another bad dream. 

           "Will! are you alright?" Mike asked. He was perched up on his elbows, his head leaning to one side like a curious dog. Will looked at him, and nodded slowly, then looked down. 

          "sorry... just another nightmare," Will said hoarsely, looking to the side and fidgeting with his hands. "Did I wake you?" 

          "No! no, you didn't," Mike lied. They were both very red in the face, just waiting there in the awkward silence they had created. It felt like hours have past, the moon glowing softly against them. Then Will finally spoke up.

         "Mike? Will you, uh, well, lay with me, i, um, have been having these night mares a-" Will was suddenly cut off from his rambling. 

         "Of course," Mike interrupted, getting up off the floor. Will's mouth went dry and his heart pounded as he scooted over, Mike crawling in next to him. Will couldn't help but observe Mike's beautiful freckles and his wavy black hair. 

Was this normal for friends to think? Why is Mike so pretty? Am I in love with Mike Wheeler?!? His head was buzzing.