First Year

(Y/n) P.O.V

We all got of the train and heard Hagrid calling all the first years to him, when we got to him he noticed us "Hello (Y/n), Harry" both Harry and I replied in unison "Hi Hagrid" we both then heard a lot of 'woah's' and 'wow's'. He then made us follow him to theses boats.

"4 a boat" Hagrid yelled to all of us, me, Harry and Ron got on a boat when we heard a girl ask if she could sit with us, when I turned around I saw Hermione.

"Hello Hermione, go right ahead" I gestured to the seat next to me, with no hesitation she sat down next to me, Hermione and I talked all the way till we made it to Hogwarts, we all got off and headed to the big oak doors.

"Welcome to Hogwarts" an elderly women said on top of the stairs we were all on "Now in a few moments, you'll pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you take your seats, you must be sorted into your house. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff... Ravenclaw and Slytherin. While your here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule-breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points wins the house cup."

The professor got interrupted by a boy yelling 'Trevor' he then ran up in front of her and picked up a toad, I soon realized this boy is 'Neville'. He said sorry and went back to where he was before.

She then picked up from where she left "The sorting Ceremony will begin momentarily." With that she walked away. Just moments after she left I heard "It's true then, what they're saying on the train." Harry and I immediately turned around to see a blonde headed boy. "Harry and (Y/n) Potter has come to Hogwarts." As soon as that was said we heard everyone talking about us.

"This is Crabbe and Goyle" he said looking at the boys beside him, he looked back at us "And I'm Malfoy" he stopped leaning on the railing and walked in front of me and Harry, "Draco Malfoy" Ron that was beside Harry (on Harry's right you are on Harry's left side) snickered a little.

"Think my names funny, do you? I've no need to ask yours. Red hair and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley." He looked back at me and Harry "You'll soon find out some wizarding families are better than others Potter's, you don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort." As soon as this 'Draco' finishes my bombs timer has now finished.

"I can help you there." Draco said while extending his hand to shake mine and Harry's, I then slapped his hand away from Mine and Harry's and leaned closer to Draco.

"I think we can pick out the rotten people from this school 'Malfoy'" Before he could reply the women came back and tapped Draco on the shoulder with a rolled up piece of parchment. He walked back to the other boys.

"We're ready for you now. Follow me."

We walked into this massive room with 4 long tables, candles floating in mid air, the ceiling looked like the night sky, Hermione then told the boys it's not really only bewitched to look the the night sky.

At the front stood a stall with an old hat on it, we all stopped at the front of the little stairs.

"Now before we begin... Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words." Then this familiar old man stood up and began his little speech "I have a few start-of-term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note.. That the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also our caretaker, Mr. Flich has asked me to remind you.. That the third-floor corridor is out of bounds...to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you" and Dumbledore sat back down.

"When I call your name, you will come forth. I shall place the sorting hat on your head... And you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger."