Christmas- Part 2

"Where are we." Harry asks while taking the cloak off, for once I don't know "I have absolutely no idea." I reply back. Harry and I noticed a mirror so we walked up to it, on the top in carved has the works 'erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi' it took a while but I figured out that it says.
'I show not your face but your heart's desire'

I quickly look back into the mirror to see... my real mother and father, Harry looks behind him he didn't understand, it's what we desire. "Mother?" Harry asks confused, the woman in the mirror, our Mother, smiles and nods at us, "Father!" I said with excitement in my tone. He also smiled and nodded Harry and I, Harry then puts his hand on the mirror and I join him, Mother and Father look sad but they put their hands on our shoulders. Harry and I grabbed our shoulders only to feel no hands, Harry and I smile at our mother and father, they smile back.

Harry grabs the cloak and throws it over ya both we them run out of the room and to the Gryffindor dorms. Once we get there we yell at Ron. "Ron, You've really gotta see this! Ron you gotta see this!" We say in unison, Harry yanks his blanket off and Ron sits up "Ron, come on, get out of bed" I say pulling at him "why" he sounds annoyed Harry then answers "there's something you've got to see!"

We pull Ron up and under the cloak, we run back to the room with the mirror. Once we get in we drop the cloak and rush Ron to the mirror "come on! Come! Come look, it's our parents" we drag Ron in front of the mirror. "I only see us" Ron says confused "look in properly. Go on, stand there." Me and Harry move away and drag Ron in the middle. Ron leans in looking surprised.

"There. You see them, don't you. That's my-"

"That's me! Only I'm head boy." Ron exclaims, poor Harry he doesn't realize "Harry this mirror-" never mind I got interrupted, why can't I ever speak.

"And I'm holding the Quidditch cup. And bloody hell! I'm Quidditch captain too! I look good" Ron says admiring himself.

"Harry, (Y/n). Do you think this mirror shows the future!" Harry looks down "how can it..." "Both our parents are dead." I finished off Harry's sentence.

Harry and I were sitting in front of the mirror, we kept coming back. "Back again, (Y/n), Harry" we quickly turned around and stood up to see Dumbledore.

"I see that you like many before you have discovered the delight of the Mirror of Erised. I trust by now you realize what it does. Let me give you a clue." Dumbledore comes closer.

"The happiest man on earth would look into the mirror and see only himself.. exactly as he is."

"So then it shows us what we want. Whatever we want." Harry asks "yes. And no. (Y/n)."

"It shows ya nothing more or less than the deepest and most desperate desires of our hearts." I had a confident tone in my voice. "Precisely. Now, Harry, (Y/n), who have never known your family.. you see them standing beside you. But remember this, this mirror gives us neither knowledge or truth.. men have wasted away in front of it. Even gone mad. That is why tomorrow it will be moved to a new home."

Harry and I looked at Dumbledore shocked "and I must ask you not to go looking for it again, it does not do fo dwell on dreams and forget to live." Harry and I look at our parents one last time until we leave.

It's now been a while since Christmas the snow is almost fully gone, and the sun is out, Ron, Harry and I are sitting in the library doing work when Hermione comes over. "I had you looking in the wrong section. How could I be so stupid?" Hermione asks herself.

Slam

Hermione dropped a massive book in the table "I checked this out weeks ago for a bit of light reading." Ok I know I love to read but this isn't light reading. "This is light?" Ron asked shocked. Hermione just glared at him and continued flipping the pages.