Fourteen

The car ride seemed unending, Katherine greatly disliked long car rides. Mainly due to the fact that she gets nauseous after being in it for a certain amount of time. But when Katherine started recognizing the familiar scenery, it made her feel a bit warm inside despite the circumstances she was under that current moment.

Phoenix looked the same as the last time she saw it. It wasn't long after getting there did they find a hotel.

The moment they set foot into the apartment she ran for the bathroom to take a shower. She felt disgusting.

The hot water soaked into her skin, steam resting on the mirror and glass sliding door. In that moment her problems temporarily washed away. But that all ended when Bella was pounding on the door.

"Katherine!" The nude girl sighs.

"What?!" She yelled in order for her sister to hear.

"Hurry up!" She rolled her eyes, letting out a sigh. Shutting the water out she got out, grabbing a towel to wrap around her body.

After drying herself off she walked out with a towel wrapped around her the bedroom door was shut.

"They lost the tracker." Bella sat on the edge of the bed. Katherine gasped.

"What?"

"Alice and Jasper are-" Bella was cut short when her phone rang.

"It's mom."

"Well answer it! And turn around ." Bella did ad told. Katherine scurried to get dressed.

"Hey, Mom. I'm glad you got my message. What are you doing home?" Katherine glanced over confused. Their mom shouldn't be here right now. "Calm down, everything's fine." She said after her others frantic voice filled the phone. "I'll explain everything later. Mom are you there?"

Katherine got on a pair of pants and came over to listen in.

"Forks high school doesn't protect it's students' privacy very well." Katherine face paled.

'Oh no.'

"It was just too easy for Victoria to find your previous address. It's nice house you have here. I was prepared to wait for you, but then Mom came home after she received a very worried phone call from your dad, and it all worked out quite well."

Katherine could briefly hear her mothers voice.

"You can still save her." James then says. "But you're gonna have to get away from your friends. Can you handle that?"

"Where should I meet you?" Katherine smacked Bella's arm looking at her like she was crazy.

"How about your old ballet studio? Bring your sister. I'll know if you bring anyone else along. Poor mommy would pay the price for that mistake."

The phone call ended. The Swan girls looked at each other both afraid.

-

It wasn't hard to sneak passed the lobby away from Jasper and Alice, they hailed a taxi to take them to the studio. The girls both sat nervously in the back, holding each others hands. They came into this world together now they will leave together.

Night fell over the sky rather quickly and before they knew it they were pulling up to the ballet studio.

They walked in together the place was dark, streaks of light of the moon peered in. The walls were covered with mirrors, it was almost daunting. Their hands never left the other.

"Bella, Bella, Bella where are you?" Renee's voice echoed throughout the studio.

"Mom." Katherine ran forward with Bella hot on her heels.

"Bella! What are you doing in here?" Katherine ripped open the cabinet doors revealing an old video from when Bella danced.

"Oh god." Katherine muttered, stepping away. A dark laugh filled the room.

"That's my favorite part. You were a stubborn child weren't you?" His eyes stared at Bella before flickering to Katherine.

"She's not even here." James came closer. Katherine yanked Bella behind her causing James to grin. He cornered the girl, inhaling deeply.

"Sorry. You know, but you two really made it too easy. So...to make things more entertaining, I'm gonna make a little film of our time together." He lifted up a camcorder. "I borrowed this from your house. I hope you don't mind." He stepped back. "And...action. That'll break Edward's little heart."

"Edward has- Edward has nothing to do with this!" Bella shouts pushing forward. James pushed Katherine back, crushing Bella slightly in the corner.

"But he does. His rage will make for more interesting sport than his feeble attempt to protect you...and Rosalie to protect you." He focused on Katherine who gripped the pepper spray in her hand.

Katherine quickly sprayed his eyes pulling then pushing Bella forward.

"Run Bella!" They made it half way across before James stood in front of Bella. He grabbed a fist full of her hair yanking her to the side, she slid, cracking her head open on the corner of a pillar. Katherine's eyes were nearly bulging out as James grabbed her by the throat, throwing her. She let out a scream as she crashed down into a standing mirror, the glass shattering on impact. Her head smacked the ground, she laid un-moving.

Katherine's eyes snapped open at the sound of Bella's screams but a weight weighed them down causing her to drift off.

"Bella." She uttered.

~

Vote/Comment

robbstark_