06.

wooyoung

he and yunho were currently sitting together while watching people play in the waves. wooyoung's personality sure had changed and he'd just been sitting quietly the whole time.

“c'mon dude, talk!” yunho whined. “just go back to being your old self, i liked that.” he said softly.

“i only did that stuff to put on a mask, okay? but now that you know how much i hate the thought of romantic relationships i don't have to pretend to like people anymore. so shut up.”

“so liking san was just to put on a mask?” the older questioned. “well at first, but then after helping him at school because he seemed so helpless i figured, hey he couldn't be harmful, maybe i could be his friend. that's why i wanted to talk to him. but then i started feeling weird around him.”

“why did you even do that anyway? how did you?” the blue haired male asked, head tilted.

“after having to fight abusive parents and an abusive boyfriend i think i have some knowledge about how to fight. plus, i don't want people to go through what i did. so that's why.”

yunho nodded and looked away. “i just figured most college kids only care about people's looks and stuff like that so if i just made myself out to be one of them you'd think i'm fine.”

“dude not every college kid is like that. but i get it, it's okay. i'm just glad you told me about everything”

“hey- that guy is kinda- wait THAT'S SAN!” yunho suddenly gasped. wooyoung looked around frantically until he spotted a boy with familiar blonde hair and had to suppress a smile. “what's he doing here..?”

san

he convinced mingi and jongho to go to the beach with him. mainly to see wooyoung again, and just to play. so here they were, playing tag in the hot sand and yelling at eachother.

“jongho come back here!!!” mingi yelled as he slipped on the sand, falling onto his stomach.

jongho took this as his opportunity to use san as his shield. so he grabbed the older boy and hid behind his back, causing san to turn around and tackle the younger.

mingi came and jumped on both of them. “haha! i got you!” he cheered.

so san and jongho got up and began chasing mingi together. “come here mingi mingi mingi!” jongho teased.

“come here boy! be a good dog!” san said whilst patting his thighs. mingi rolled his eyes and stopped in his tracks causing both boys to run into eachother and himself. it hurt but it was worth it to see the looks on their faces.

but they were completely oblivious to the fact that wooyoung was staring at them like he was the predator and they were the prey. well, mainly he was watching san.

“go talk to your boyfriend. jongho and i will be in the water.” mingi spoke, grabbing his friend's arm and leading him away. san scoffed at the word boyfriend but obliged anyway.

he awkwardly walked up the steps to the lifeguard post and held his hands together tightly. once he got to the top he was greeted with a friendly smile. “hi, need anything?” the male with light brown and slightly curly hair asked.

“is wooyoung here?” the younger questioned. he nodded and called for wooyoung loudly. “what yeosang?!” the black haired male yelled back. “someone's here for you.”

san stood completely still as he waited for the other to come walking out. once he did his heart stopped.

they way his whole upper body was completely exposed. his hair damp on his head. a soft smirk on his face. everything about him was just perfect

“are you able to talk?” he asked. wooyoung slowly nodded, not really knowing if he was allowed to. “can you just explain? like i went out of my way to befriend you and you went out of your way for me. so...”

“yunho was always p-pestering me to make more friends. said i n-never wanna hang out with his other friends and when he's with them i g-get upset. so he suggested i make more. i figured that y-you would be a good candidate. but i have bad trust issues... so once i started feeling a little crush form i pushed you away. sorry...”

he then proceeded to explain everything about his parents, his ex boyfriend. everything.

san gulped loudly once wooyoung was done with his explanation. he felt bad for putting so much pressure on the boy whom he barely knew. “i-i'm sorry about your p-parents and b-boyfriend.”

it's okay, it's all in the past now. i'm sorry for being a dick and not accepting your friendship.” he then put out his hand, “friends?” so san nodded and shook wooyoung's hand. “friends.”

the rest of the time san ignored all of mingi and jongho's questions. he figured wooyoung wouldn't want his privacy to be shared, so he decided to keep it a complete secret.

“so what'd he tell you?!” mingi asked in a pouty voice for the eighteenth time. san rolled his eyes, crossed his arms, and turned to opposite direction.

after about 30 minutes wooyoung came running towards the group of friends. “yeosang- a fellow lifeguard, is having a mini lifeguard get together at his house tonight. he said we can bring some special guests so if you guys wanna come, here's his address.” the boy then handed them a slip of paper.

with that, he said nothing more and ran off. san glanced down at it and it didn't seem to be too far from their college. “it's only a few blocks away from college, y'all down?” he asked.

mingi and jongho shared a glance before nodding in sync. san grinned and nodded with an 'okay.'

they began heading for mingi's car, but on the way there san turned and waved to the lifeguard house. although he had no idea if wooyoung saw him or not, he could only hope that he did.

see you tonight, wooyoungie.

A/N; is this storyline okay? i'm hoping it's not confusing or that it's not too boring... please let me know! 💜