09.

san

he honestly felt kinda bad for his friends. i mean- he had sorta ditched them for the past week to hang out with wooyoung. so when he approached them at the movie theater on the weekend, things were a bit awkward.

“oh, hey san.” jongho mumbled. they'd been planning to watch the new lion king movie together for almost a month now, and today was finally the day.

“hey.” he replied duly.

he could tell by the tension in the air that the other two males were mad at him. “look i'm sorry guys. i didn't think it would be that big of a deal.”

no response.

they wordlessly walked to the room that was showing the lion king and took some seats in the second to last row.

and so jongho and mingi kept making remarks about things happening while leaving san out throughout the whole movie. he knew he deserved it though, so he didn't make a big deal out of it.

after it was over and they were walking out of the theater san stopped in his tracks. “i get you guys are annoyed and all, but i apologized. but you should understand my point of view too... i made a new friend and wanted to hang out with him. is that a bad thing? you guys go to hang out with your friends instead of staying in our friend group too and i don't complain. so once again, i'm sorry. okay?”

mingi sighed, “it's okay. we're just worried. you seem to be closer with him then us all of a sudden and... y'know...” he let out.

the older nodded in understanding. he didn't want to be mad at them.

“let's just spend a day together, alright? no more tension and we'll just act as we always do. alright?” san suggested.

after the approval of both his friends he told him he'd pay for all of their tickets at a nearby amusement park. so they headed there right away.

“look it's a ferris wheel! i've never been on one before... can we go?!” jongho asked like a little kid. san smiled at this because his friend was back to acting normal around him again. “yeah! c'mon guys let's go!”

they all got in and slowly but surely made it to the top. once they were up there, jongho started screaming his head off. it definitely wasn't something mingi nor san would have ever imagined him doing but here he was.

“shut up dude!” san complained. and for the first time in awhile, he forgot about everything else in life as he enjoyed the company of his friends.

after a few more rides they decided to go eat some food. so they went on a mini hunt for a food truck or stand of some sort. after deciding on a stand that sold hotdogs and hamburgers san received a call on his phone.

“who is it?”

“...wooyoung...”

mingi and jongho let out a string of "ooo's" at this and intensely watched him answer the call.

hello?

hi...

are you alright?

c-could you come to m-my dorm?

i can't right now... why?

please...

i just said i can't though. i'm at an amusement park. what do you need?

y-you.

me?

yeah.

be there in thirty minutes okay?

fine..

beep

he awkwardly looked at his friends as he had to break the news to them. “i kinda need to go soon... and we took mingi's car so...”

“why? what happened?”

“wooyoung needs me. please guys.” he pleaded. he could tell that wooyoung wasn't okay whatsoever and he wanted to get there soon just in case.

wooyoung

he waited and waited for san to arrive for what felt like hours. but finally the older came knocking on the door, and wooyoung practically ran to open it.

he opened the door with swollen red eyes and tear stains on his cheeks. normally he would go to yunho for something that upset him this much, but he couldn't right now.

“what's wrong?”

“m-my parents want me to- to live with them for the rest of the school year. t-they're saying the students here are the ones making me like men because there's so many gay kids here... but i can't go back! they'll just abuse me even more and- and i don't want that...”

he began sobbing again.

“i'm sorry to make you come and ruin your fun but yunho is on a trip in busan right now and it's not like i can make him come back.” he cried out.

“no, no! it's okay wooyoungie. don't worry. but seriously do not go back to their house. they're not like real parents to you and you don't deserve that.”

“but what else can i do?” he asked while tears flew down his cheeks. he was crying so much as this point that he could barely see nor breath. “shh...” san comforted while bringing the younger to his bed to sit him down.

he then wrapped him in a tight hug and drew invisible circles on the top of his hand in an attempt to calm him down.

it didn't work that well though.

wooyoung was still crying as he imagined everything his parents would do to him if he returned. he could already feel the harsh slap of his father's hand against his cheek.

he could feel the bible hitting his back as he was yelled at for being a faggot and a disgrace to the family.

it was all too familiar. and he didn't wanna go through that again.

“report them.” san said flatly.

“w-what?”

“you heard me.”

wooyoung frantically shook his head. he couldn't imagine how much trouble he would be in if he even thought about reporting his parents actions. “no.”

“why not? they could be put in jail for a long time. then when they get released you could move somewhere else and never speak to them again, or just stay here and act like they don't exist because they won't have any right to tell you what to do anymore. not that they really do now, either.”

wooyoung scoffed at the elders words. he really had a whole thing all planned out for him.

“fine. i'll do it. happy?”