10.

san

wooyoung didn't go to school for the next three days and san was getting concerned. everytime he texted wooyoung he was just left on read.

he hoped that nothing bad happened between him and his parents.

days kept passing with no sign of wooyoung and san wasn't just worried anymore. he was scared. scared that wooyoung's parents had been hurting him in unimaginable ways. but wasn't he supposed to tell the police about them?

but finally, after a whole two weeks, he was sitting with jongho and mingi when there was a sudden ding on his phone. he unlocked his phone and practically squealed when he saw whom had texted him.

woo: they're in jail.. 🙃

san: omg are you serious?! that's great!

woo: yeah i guess.

san: is something wrong?
Read 12:34 PM

another day passed without a response from wooyoung. san decided to check his dorm for what felt like the millionth time to see if he was finally there.

thankfully he was.

as soon as wooyoung opened the door he went running in. “tell me what's wrong.” he demanded.

“they're gonna fucking kill me when they get out!” the younger burst, crying into his hands. “no they're not woo. don't worry so much. remember our little plan. it'll be okay.”

“that's what they said! i heard them with my own fucking ears san. this was a such a bad idea oh my gosh...”

san wrapped his arms around wooyoung and held him close as the other cried until he had no more tears left. they laid down in wooyoung's small bed together while the older drew invisible circles along the sobbing boys back.

“how long will they be in jail for?”

“o-only f-five years..” the younger managed to sniffle out. “see, that's good right? they won't have any right to control you anymore once they get out.”

“i guess y-you're right. i-i'm sorry for making i-it seem like i t-thought it was your f-fault that they threatened to- you know... i-i just-” he started, but ended up in a fit of tears again.

they continued laying down together while san attempted to comfort the younger boy. time seemed to pass oddly fast because before they knew it, it was dark outside and they were both equally tired. “i think i should go.”

wooyoung was already partially asleep but mumbled out a 'don't go' and put his hand around san's wrist.

“but i have to get back to my dorm..”

“stay with me...” wooyoung said groggily.

san finally was convinced and climbed into the bed alongside wooyoung. he wrapped his arms around the younger and tucked his head into his neck.

they fell asleep like that very quickly.

they were awoken the next day to the sound of the door opening and slamming shut, along with a gasp.

“what the hell is going on here?” yunho said with a small smirk. both boys opened their mouths to say something but nothing came out. “so are you guys together or something now?”

“no!”

“no!”

they both shouted in sync.

san pulled himself out of the bed and slipped his shoes on. “i'll let you guys talk or whatever. bye woo!”

he left quickly without a word more.

he instantly went to mingi's dorm and ran into without knocking. he knew jongho would be there too since he'd overheard them talking about going on a movie marathon together.

“guys. i need advice.” he said suddenly. both of his friends jumped a bit at the presence of someone else but didn't question him and let him sit down. mingi paused the spiderman movie that was on the tv and faced himself towards the older boy. “yes?”

“so i've been feeling weird around someone. i won't specify who, but yeah... and i don't know what to do because he's scared of being friends, so a relationship is something completely out of his way...”

“first of all, we both know you're taking about wooyoung. second of all, i think i have an idea.” mingi spoke.

wooyoung

“i don't know what to do yunho! it just feels so weird! i told myself to never do this to myself again!”

“it's time you let go of the past woo. if you keep letting it haunt you, you won't get anywhere in life.”

“i know! but i barely know him yunho... why do i like someone who i just met?!”

as soon as san had left wooyoung started crying again. why? because he was mad at himself. mad at himself for getting so close with the older boy. mad at himself for falling for someone.

he was scared. he didn't want to get hurt again. yet san just seems so trustworthy? but how would he know? after all, everyone else who'd ever hurt him had seemed easy to trust at first.

something was different about san though. for once he felt comfortable with someone other than yunho.

he even let him sleep in the same bed as himself, which he had a hard time even letting yunho do. which says a lot because yunho is his best friend.

he came to the conclusion that it was just his heart playing with him.

A/N: hey! i'm sorry this chapter wasn't that good and it's kinda short. it was mainly just a filler chapter to get something up, but i promise stuff will start to get a lot better soon! i'm also going to release a new one shots book tomorrow, so please keep your eyes open for when that comes out! 💕