THE SECOND LETTER

It took Rosie a while before she had written another letter to Jisoo, since they had been busy despising each other after she's given Jisoo that 'kind' letter that asked her to transfer Schools.

There wasn't a time where the air of hostility did not exist when they were around each other's presence.

This lasted for a long time, their own respective posse thought that Rosie and Jisoo's rivalry and dislike for each other was going to last a life time.

Along those years Rosie certainly had forgotten why she had such a particular distaste towards Jisoo, whenever she tried to remember if Jisoo did something offensive to her nothing comes up.

She was sure that it was Jisoo who's got a problem with her, not the other way around.

What did she even bloody do to Jisoo really?

It sets her off how Jisoo doesn't like her at all, so she felt like she needed to be angry with the other girl too.

There was this instance where this boy named James had talked to Rosie during their lunch break, she had heard that James liked her, and this shifted Rosie's insides, since who wouldn't freak out when a popular lacrosse player liked you, right?

Rosie was starry eyed as she looked up at James, who was in the midst of asking her out, she was about to give James her answer, but Jisoo ruined the moment by throwing a roach to the table she was sitting at.

The first one to catch the insect's attention was James, and this caused for him to scramble up to his feet and squeal like a little girl, meanwhile it took Rosie a moment to see what the problem was. Her eyes darted to the table and she, herself, screamed and got off along with her friends who were freaking out as well.

Jisoo was laughing boisterously along with her best friend Lisa, their hands were against their stomachs. Lisa came forward and picked up the disgusting roach.

"This is fake, don't you see that?" The Thai girl was still laughing as she showed the victims of her and Jisoo's prank that it was only a toy.

"What the heck, Lisa?" A girl with feline eyes who had held Rosie's arm spoke up. She was the one who's screamed the loudest.

"That's really uncalled for, mate, yanno?" James spoke up and straightened himself to seem like a tough guy once again, as if he wasn't the one who freaked out first.

Jisoo couldn't mask her annoyance, she rolled her eyes.

"What is this Ruckus all about?" Their Algebra teacher, Mr. Holland, had finally joined in the exchange.

His presence only meant one thing, and the chances of getting out of this trouble were thin.

Rosie was seething, why wouldn't Jisoo just let her breathe, why does she have to hate her so much?

She didn't understand it at all.

"They started it, Mr. Holland," Jennie, the girl with feline eyes, pointed at Lisa and Jisoo.

"Uh, no it isn't." Lisa quipped back and crossed her arms.

Jisoo was still silent, she grabbed Lisa by her elbow while shaking her head. She mumbled something to Lisa which was incomprehensible to everyone else.

The girl had always been quiet after all.

Audrey, one of the girls in Rosie's friend group, started speaking and complaining how unnecessary Lisa and Jisoo could be and that they needed to be put to detention.

Mr. Holland pressed the heel of his palms against his temples and cleared his throat, "You know what, all of you are in detention." He pushed his glasses back closer to his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose.

A chorus of protests erupted, "One more word and you'll be having detention for the rest of the bloody week."

This put them into silence.

Rosie wasn't having it; she was certain her life was going to be a living hell in the presence of Jisoo Kim.

・゜・。.

There were approximately eight students in detention under Mr. Holland that afternoon, and only three of them were doing homework.

Surprisingly one of them was Jisoo.

She was so immersed in her homework, her brows were furrowed in consternation, her lips pressed against each other, and Rosie couldn't help but stare.

Three years later and she still kept that bangs.

It was rather funny that Jisoo's best friend had bangs too. It would have been considerably cute if they weren't both annoying.

Although if you compare Lisa to Jisoo, Lisa was really more of insufferable than bothersome.

Exhibit A, Lisa was trying to do pick-up lines on Jennie, and Jennie looked like she was about to stab Lisa with her pen.

Rosie sighed and rolled her eyes.

Why did Mr. Holland had to leave them unsupervised?

This whole hour was going to be longest one Rosie was going to experience yet.

"You know, Lisa, you should really shut your mouth." Jennie tried to keep her calm.

"Oh, make me, Jennie." Lisa teased.

Jennie sent Lisa daggers, she had taken something out from her bag — a tape — and stood up to march her way to Lisa's desk.

"Kinky!" Lisa laughed and spread her arms wide open, "Come to daddy,"

Indeed, this was going to be the longest hour yet.

A while had passed and the thought of how Jisoo disliked Rosie so much had crossed Rosie's mind yet again.

She should just ask Jisoo, so she prepared herself from getting up from her seat, but the door had flung open and Mr. Holland was back with them again.

Rosie let out a defeated sigh.

Her curiosity was killing her, she had to ask.

And the second "letter" was born.

・゜・。.

Jisoo,

Why do you hate me so much?

What did I ever do to you?

Can we just get pass our differences and be friends?

Sincerely,
Rosie

・゜・。.

Rosie folded it neatly and she passed the paper with the help of her classmates in detention.

Once the letter reached Jisoo, she opened it with her brows raised up. She read it and once she was finished she smiled to herself.

As she turned to face Rosie though, the smile was gone and it was exchanged with an expressionless face.

They stared into each other's eyes for a good moment, then Jisoo gave Rosie a small smile as she shrug.

That was her answer.